Anyone up to losing 10 lbs w/me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So try contemplating this simple idea:

Is being unhappy with your body worth the sensation of taste?

It will make food much less attractive :wink:! Donna & zena girl you are doing fantastic. You two are still at it!!! I really hope you shed the pounds that make you feel happier :) & your vacation will be that much better!

I;m doing well, treating the diet a bit more causual I'm very close to my goal. Still dropping weight a little at a time (maybe 1lb a week). At most I should drop 3 more lbs - still just a little to go but, abs are starting to show. Want to be lean but not anorexic :wink: (no chance of that:D).

Not in the gym quite as much as I'd like but about 50-75% of my goal.

Think that's my goal now, continue healthy eating & get more rigerous with the toning. It feels good to be strong & healthy.

You gals go!!!!!!

A lot of experts believe that every 4-5 days you should add 500 calories one day to what you're normally eating when doing calorie restriction. That will keep your brain from thinking you're starving and slowing your metabolism in response.

I agree with Crowley that you need to make permanent lifestyle changes and kathydee's comment about body image and taste is an excellent point as well. It also helps to figure out WHY you eat.

My ultimately change goal is to continue learning to eat to live, not live to eat. Fortunately I never became super obese, but I'm not as healthy as I can be, and frankly it's time to lose the 50 pounds I gained when I got married and got a real job....20 years ago! I remind myself all the time that I didn't gain 50 pounds in a week so I won't lose it in a week, and do a lot of self-talk around my food choices.

It's a process and one that will take time, but I'm up for the challenge.

Ladies, keep focused on your goals, take it slowly and one day at a time, and when you feel like reaching for a second helping of something ask yourself if you REALLY want that and WHY you're eating it. Try to eat purposefully instead of impulsively.

Divemaven I believe your right. If you restrict calories too long the body registers a lack of available and actually starts conserving energy & doesn't burn fat as fast.

Hope everybody is doing great! I'm still on my program, working out regularly, eating well but a little more so i'm just dropping 1lb a week. I haven't been this weight in 15 years. Thanks for the support :D! Maybe 2-3 more pounds off then I have to figure out how to maintain.

I'm so impresed by those of you who have to loose more! It's great to see you doing it! Stick to it! It's worth it :)

How's everyone doing? It's been awhile since we've all checked in.

I'm happy to report that I've lost 3 pounds more for a total of 13 pounds. I have 7 more that I want to lose in the next 9.5 weeks before we leave for Bonaire, so I'm pretty motivated to stay on track and fight the fight.

I feel like I had a breakthrough last week and I'm very pleased about that. I was out of town for some training for 3 days, and not only was I able to stay on track and motivated, but when they passed the goodies around everyday, I didn't feel a bit of temptation nor regret that I didn't partake. For me that's huge, as feeling deprived has always been a major hurdle for me and usually the downfall of any permanent changes I've tried to make.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying motivated!

hi there.......well..........I have begun the battle again yesterday. my original 10 pounds to lose turned into 14, counting some PMS bloat that i'm carrying around. I have a renewed determination however. eating was good yesterday, went to the gym. i have got to lose this!!! i can't believe i dinked around so long. We just booked a little getaway for memorial day weekend to playa del carmen, and hope to go up to holbox and swim w/whale sharks. I want to lose as much as possible in the little over four weeks before that time. drank lots of water too yesterday, didn't lose an ounce. doesn't matter, i have to keep going, keep my eating in check, and very importantly too, keep going to the gym. i am also going to try a natural appetite suppressant i learned of. it's Pine nut oil capsules........like yes, from pine nuts. i read alot about it and decided it's worth a try. i'll let you know how it goes. i hope this water leaves me soon. i'm taking progesterone continously (started on continuous about a month ago), and am on an estrogen patch........so i'm hoping i don't stay bloaty. any other suggestions besides keep drinking water?

yippee!!! i lost 3 pounds last week!!! trying to lose 2 this week.

Yahoo!! CONGRATULATIONS on the loss!! Keep up the good work and stay focused on the goal, you can do it!!! Keep thinking that you have only about 8 weeks before Bonaire, and you can get those 10 pounds gone that you wanted. YOU GO GIRL!!

thx. i'm staying on track. going to the gym after work today. trip is 9 weeks from this friday! i still have time!

We leave 8 weeks from Friday and I can't wait!! I'm down 17 pounds total and want to see another 5-6 gone before we leave. Once back from Bonaire, I'll focus on my next goal....but for now, it's simply 6 pounds to lose....

You can do it donnad....simply focus on staying on track for 9 short weeks and you'll reach your goal.

Donnad that's great!!! Stick with it girl you're on a roll!

Divemaven you're doing awesome!!

I'm doing ok, still losing .5-1 lb a week, hitting the gym pretty regularly and have surpassed my weight loss goal of 8lbs but am realizing I can get in even better shape. No more than 3-4lbs more & I'm lean & finished. A total wt loss so far of 11 lbs it feels fantastic!!! Thanks so much for the support - I couldn't have done this alone :D!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom