Anyone welcome - Ft. Lauderdale beach dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjpell

Contributor
Reaction score
Grand Rapids, Michigan / Portland, Oregon / Ft. La
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone who would like to go for a beach dive tomorrow in Ft. Lauderdale is welcome to join. If Looking to go have a good time diving or just hanging out on the beach catching some rays please come along. As for the location and time that is tenative, but as of now I was thinking of comercial blvd., diving the pier around noon. Any suggestions post em here!

-=ben

bjpell:
Anyone who would like to go for a beach dive tomorrow in Ft. Lauderdale is welcome to join. If Looking to go have a good time diving or just hanging out on the beach catching some rays please come along. As for the location and time that is tenative, but as of now I was thinking of comercial blvd., diving the pier around noon. Any suggestions post em here!

-=ben

Check the surf before you go. I was there yesterday and it was pounding the beach.

Go to Sunny.org and then click on Live Beach Cam

Good Luck

Joe

I'm up for something on some weekdays, and right at commercial would be fine. But the earliest I can get out of work and to the beach would be, oh, about 1 or 1:30 pm.

Problem is that I have a few side-jobs waiting me that will probably prevent me going this week.

Joe, you are right the beach is bad right now. Thanks.

Dave, I checked out the surf today and it was indeed pounding the beach hard as Joe said and I think that I will be skipping out this time and will try for this weekend. Any time work for you this weekend? email me otherwise at bjpell@charter.net and let me know a time that works for you if the weather and conditions are permitting.

-=ben

Yeah, it looked pretty good today, but the problem is that it's been pounding the last few days which means it would have probably been ****ty today. However, if it is still calm by thursday, I'm up for diving all day thursday.

I have a job to do Thursday afternoon. How about -early- Saturday? Or even Sunday?

Provided it is calm, this is gonna be my fist dive with a 7' main hose. I'm looking forward to getting the configuration down for deeper dives.

Problem is, I heard that danged weather guy on the radio reporting we'll be getting a cold front in within 24 hours, then a warm front right after (meaning wind and rain I reckon). But it's Florida - the weather never really listens to the weather guys.

Weekend sounds good. I may be up for a dive.

Well gang,

How about weather permitting a dive on Saturday. Say we meet at about 11:30 am and enter the wather around noon? Location is totally up for grabs if anyone has a favorite spot with good parking.

I don't know anything about the local dive sites because I just moveed here a week ago from Michigan, but I'm told that the best beach dive by far is around commercial blvd pier. 8-15' depth but parking is an issue on weekends. My wife wants to come and tan, so she volinteered to watch stuff left on the beach if needed. Keys, Bags, ect...

Post your ideas so we can agree upon a time and place.

This evening I went out snorkling with the wife at Gulfstream Beach, and the vis was an honest 5-6 feet. I couldn't make out my fins very well and I'm only 6' tall. Water temp was a warm 72 degrees with a constant steady breeze. Not so great of a first time experience in Florida's waters. This is what I'm used to in the inland lakes of Michigan. Not seeing !%*t!

-=ben

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom