Apeks Atx200 or Atomic B2 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koo

New
Reaction score
Hi,

Have anyone experienced with these regulators (Apeks Atx200 and/or Atomic B2 ) I am deciding which to get. Mostly, dive in warm water. If anyone has tested these regulator, your comment would be a great help.

Thanks,
SF

Hello:

I and my buddy use as our primary the APEX TX100 regulators. We have four of them between us (main tank and pony). We have been using them for 2 years and have over 300 dives on them. They are EXCELLENT and I have not had a problem with them. Breathing is superb - even upside down.

The APEX really comes into its own when diving plus 40 meters. It is at these depths that regulatiors are segregated from the boys and the girls. The APEX preforms very well at depth delivering as much air as you require with little breathing effort.

If you are only going to dive in shallow water (20 meters up) then any balanced regulator will suit your needs, however, if you plan to dive deeper than this, then you will need a more efficent regulator. In my opinion APEX is one of the better regulators on the market that fills this role admirably. Feel free to ask any questions you may have...............Iain

I have no experience with the atomic but i can highly recommend apeks!
May be you should consider the (A)TX 100 too because the difference between the atx100 and atx200 is hardly (if at all!) noticeable.

SF:

When selecting regulators, my criteria was easy breathing; after diving all the "big names", I selected the B2. Very smooth, easy breathing, and it performs better at depth.

Although I dive the California coast, somehow about half my dives end up in warm water.

Despite some hard use, I've had zero failures. It's earned my confidence.

I have to say that if I'd had different criteria...enviromental sealing, parts availabliity, or popularity on an internet board, I would have a different reg. I was looking for wonderful breathing, tested em, and picked.

Make sure you try before you buy.

All the best, James

My wife has a B2. It breathes great. She loves the swivel by the second stage. The swivel plus the small size and good bouyancy characteristics of the reg make it very comfortable. The large exhaust "T" also eliminate any problems with interference from bubbles.

I think that the responses will continue to be divided. Both are great regs and you would be hapy with either. I personally enjoy the apeks wvery much and I would recommend it to anyone. It does however have some features that you would not directly benefit from like the sela and the heat sink. Personally if i were you I would take a look at the price difference. If you would be happier with either, tak the les expensive one. And since they are similar performers, I know Apeks is parts for life, what is the atomics? Just look for other little things like this that will make the call for you.

iainwilliams:
Hello:

I and my buddy use as our primary the APEX TX100 regulators. We have four of them between us (main tank and pony). We have been using them for 2 years and have over 300 dives on them. They are EXCELLENT and I have not had a problem with them. Breathing is superb - even upside down.

The APEX really comes into its own when diving plus 40 meters. It is at these depths that regulatiors are segregated from the boys and the girls. The APEX preforms very well at depth delivering as much air as you require with little breathing effort.

If you are only going to dive in shallow water (20 meters up) then any balanced regulator will suit your needs, however, if you plan to dive deeper than this, then you will need a more efficent regulator. In my opinion APEX is one of the better regulators on the market that fills this role admirably. Feel free to ask any questions you may have...............Iain
Isn't it Apeks?
Sorry for being a smartass :wink:

rescuediver009:
I think that the responses will continue to be divided. Both are great regs and you would be hapy with either. I personally enjoy the apeks wvery much and I would recommend it to anyone. It does however have some features that you would not directly benefit from like the sela and the heat sink. Personally if i were you I would take a look at the price difference. If you would be happier with either, tak the les expensive one. And since they are similar performers, I know Apeks is parts for life, what is the atomics? Just look for other little things like this that will make the call for you.

I agree. You will continue to get divided responses. Either reg will be good. The point made above about you not needing the sealed 1st stage or the heat-sink is valid though. As for warantee for Atomics, they cover all parts for 2 years, all titanium parts against corrosion for life. The good part is you can't void your warantee by missing a scheduled service; which, by the way, is 2 years or 300 dive hours.

Good luck. Be sure to post what you decided on.

My wife and I both use Atomic. I have the B2 and she has the M1. she used Apeks during her certification dives. I think it was the 100, but I'm not sure. Our LDS said something to her about letting her use it for her cert dives. We both love out Atomic Regs.

To give you an idea of how much I love my B2, if I had to dump all of my gear at the bottom of the ocean in an extreme emergency, I would take the time to take off my B2 to take it with me. Yes, I love it that much. It breaths the same on the surface as it does at 100'. The reg doesn't force air in your mouth. It is the most natural breathing reg available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom