Apple Watch Ultra 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

“LOL”? – what you really said (and I even quoted you) was:

As it is, they just have documentation to cover their denial of coverage for when it floods.

Instead, they have an actual free program to run a test on the watch’s waterproof status. As long as the watch is under warranty and there’s no disqualifying owner damage, they will replace the watch. It’s all in my link. It’s not just “documentation to cover their denial of coverage.”

Reading is fundamental™

I interact with LOTS of fairly inexperienced divers. It is borderline shocking, and certainly disappointing, how many of them have no understanding of how their computer works and largely ignore it…

It must be interesting for you when you're below 130' with them.

But then, Shearwater computers also do not have any designed-in conditions where they just stop working during a dive, either.

By now, I can sense your pain. Stay strong!

And "water resistance" is not permanent? LOLOL!!

Apparently you don't know much about watches.

So, how much do you reckon it would have added to the cost of the hardware to use a 100m sensor, instead of a 40m sensor?

There's zero evidence that sensor hardware limitation is in any way related to the 40m recreational depth spec.

@berndo, someone as predictable & strident as you on this topic- might want to be more circumspect…

Sorry @kimh I probably missed it, what is your relationship with Apple?

In the past, I've had years of working directly with Apple as a 3rd-party developer. In the future…we shall see.

Another example where the fanbois cannot distinguish between an accurate critique and "hate".

Taco Bell makes sh!tty Mexican food. I can say that and still love it. Just because I can both recognize and acknowledge that something is sh!tty does not necessarily mean that I hate it.

Recognizing and acknowledging that an AWU is a sh!tty dive computer does not mean I hate it. In this particular case, though, it does mean I wouldn't buy one to use as a dive computer.
AWU, the Taco Bell of Dive Computers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom