aqualung legend first stage question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vox:
Hi All...

I too have a Legend and have noticed the "banging on the back of the head".

I'm having a hard to time visualizing the change that is being described.

Can anyone post a picture of the "after" setup?

Thanks in advance...

[Edited]

Mike S kindly offered to upload the picture for me reminding me that I also have a photobucket account that I can use. :)

You can see my primary and octo on the left side with the octo in the back LP port and primary on the front port. On the right side my pressure guage is attached to the top HP port, and the inflator hose for my BCD is on the front LP port.

Changing out hoses and port covers is easy - you just need an allen key and a wrench. When screwing in hoses make them finger tight then I just give an slight turn with the wrench so they cannot be removed by hand. Too tight and you can deform the o-rings.

Same with the port covers - just a slight extra push with the allen key beyond finger tight.

Hope this helps.

IMG_7544.jpg

Marc

Dive-aholic:
I don't know why manufacturer's send their 1st stages out like that. It's not as streamlined and it increases entanglement risks. The 1st stage should be even with the top of the tank valve, not sticking above it. IMO it was upside down when you got it. You now have it right side up! Like ChrisA already posted, no change in performance.

Me too. Well, back in the day, when the orifice on a double manifold was positioned under the bar, the single hose regulators were pointed "up". However, I've always used the single hose (MK20/G250) with single tanks and the 1st stage turret pointed down. No brainer. I certainly wouldn't shift my harness or pack upward, or add a crotch strap to compensate for head butting when using a turned up regulator. Who wants a droopy tank? Drags on the boat's gunnel when easing over the side and looks ridiculous. Yes, I have noticed display regulators with the turret pointed up, and did a double take.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom