Are all light sticks created equal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

even in daylignt. It makes it easier for my buddy to pick me out of a pack of all black garbed divers. I also carry a role of plastic tape. Before a dive you can wrap a strip around the light, camera, or anything with a gasket and it provides a little extra protection. Take it off and throw it away when you're finished.[ properly of course]

Lawman once bubbled...
even in daylignt. It makes it easier for my buddy to pick me out of a pack of all black garbed divers. I also carry a role of plastic tape. Before a dive you can wrap a strip around the light, camera, or anything with a gasket and it provides a little extra protection. Take it off and throw it away when you're finished.[ properly of course]

The problem with strobes is doing night dives IMO. There's nothing more annoying than the constant flashing. Reminds me of a disco :). A non-flashing light works just as well IMO.

Darryl

I found a perfect little light in the pet shop, it's by Pelican and it can be for your dog, but we use them on night dives:D

Bark,
Caymaniac

I find that those chemical lights are an environmental nightmare (enough said, its been mentioned previously), and they are more economical!!

I've done at least 20 night dives on mine and it still works, I got it for $8 CDN. That's less than 50 cents a dive, and I can just replace the batteries later... which saves packaging, plastics, chemicals, etc. being thrown away.

(This is my 100th post... cool)

I go to Wal-Mart for my light sticks...but go to the sporting goods section. The cost is 10cents less than the ones in the automotive section and they are a little larger than the ones in the ones in Auto. (At my store.. and some others in the area..it depends)

Also, on the back of the package it says swimming, diving..etc..
Good enough for me.

SquintyPete once bubbled...
I go to Wal-Mart for my light sticks...but go to the sporting goods section. The cost is 10cents less than the ones in the automotive section and they are a little larger than the ones in the ones in Auto. (At my store.. and some others in the area..it depends)

Also, on the back of the package it says swimming, diving..etc..
Good enough for me.
For the extremely small savings, it doesn't make sense to use them, considering their environmental impact.

Back
Top Bottom