Are all light sticks created equal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lal7176 once bubbled...

I dont understand why you are getting so wound up about the ocassional use of a light stick on a night dive. I suppose you cause no enviromental impact yourself. I suppose you dont drive a car.That causes more enviromental impact than a light stick. Do you ever drink out of styrofoam cups, buy products from factories that cause pollution, mow your yard with a gas mower, etc.

Thats terrible logic! You're basically saying because someone already causes some environmental damage, they may as well cause more unnecessarily.

dvleemin once bubbled...

Thats terrible logic! You're basically saying because someone already causes some environmental damage, they may as well cause more unnecessarily.

So do you drive a car, mow your yard, buy from factories causing pollution, drink from styrofoam cups, etc.How many unnecessary trips do you take in your car that isnt required for you survival such as going to work and buying groceries.Do you car pool? Be responsible for yourself before you bad mouth other people.You are also causing unnecessary impact yourself.How much extra impact do my 6 light sticks a year cause compared to your unnecessary impacts.

Walter once bubbled...
No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood.

I didn't know raindrops had such a sense of denial...hmmmm

Walter once bubbled...
No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood.

You are very right walter.I do my best to limit enviromental impact.I try to severely limit my use of styrofoam products, car pool to work and home, recycle,use non-aerosol products, etc. We ride our bikes instead of jumping in the car to go everywhere.Besides saving gas, reducing enviromental impact it keeps us in shape. But have mercy on me if i use a light stick a few times a year on a night dive.I use light sticks cause they are very reliable and come in different colors to match dive buddies.My point is the people that sometimes preach enviromental impact cause more damage than those they are preaching too_Ok im off my soap box now :D :box:

Canada is full of bicycle riding, Teva wearing, cappucino sucking, tree hugging eco maniacs!

J

seems people have been getting all up in each other on this thread. Its about lights isn't it?

Anyways, everyone has valid points. There isn't a single person out there that doesn't contribute negatively to the environment in some fashion. I think the majority of people posting to here so far have one thing in common: that you are trying to help out in some form. Why don't we start from what is common between us instead of our differences?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom