Are you a pilot too?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I flew A-6 Intruders from various aircraft carriers for ten years, did two years in the reserves with Navy DC-9s, and then flew another ten years working for United (737, 757, 767) before losing my ticket due to Parkinson's disease when I was 43. Now all the flying I do is commercial air in the back, but at least they serves drinks back there!

I did get the opportunity to recently sit in the rear seat of a C172 while my 15 year old son took an introductory flight lesson - I had a blast, much to my surprise - and hope to ride along again in the future.

I recently posted on my blog a piece I wrote on the limitations of the professional aviation safety model in recreational diving. Some might find it interesting; I'd be curious to hear what my fellow (okay, ex-fellow pilots) think, particularly those with military backgrounds. If you're interested in taking a look, here's the address:

Setting the Hook author's blog

It's is the second post down after a poem (I tend to bounce around a bit with topics). Thanks!

Cheers,

Pete Hunt

PP almost all in my 56' C-182.... Jump pilot flying off a 1500' grass strip at or over gross...:shocked2: sold plane and haven't flown or skydived in a few years...:depressed:

Commercial helicopter pilot with instrument. Based out of NJ. Flying Astars and Twinstars currently. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATPL over 15000 hours, L1011, B747-400, A330, A340

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

ppsel, been on back burner last couple years...

Not a pilot yet but growing up my old man was in the Air Force... had F-111's, F-15's, C-130's, KC-135's and later C-5's flying overhead since birth.

I've always enjoyed being around aircraft and intend to get my PPL in the next few years.

Waffling between rotary and fixed wing. I've enjoyed every helicopter I've gotten behind the controls of, moreso than the Cessna's. But fixed wing costs are significantly lower.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom