• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Atmos 2 Download Cable (IR port?)

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by turbinetech2, Aug 4, 2006.

1. turbinetech2

turbinetech2 Solo Diver

All,
    I recently bought a used Atmos 2 from ebay as well as a download cable (seperate auction). After receiving the download cable and trying to figure out how to use it (not much luck fitting it into the PC port) I contacted the seller and he said it strapped to the top of the PDC and utilized the IR port for downloads. Can anyone help me out and tell me if it is for the Atmos 2 or some other Aeris PDC. Thanks for your help!!

John

2. CrazyScuba

CrazyScuba Manta Ray

The correct cable for the Atmos 2 plugs into the port on the computer. Take a look at the picture here and see if it looks the same:
    http://www.crazyscuba.com/pd_aeris_computer.cfm
    Did the seller of the cable say it was for the Aeris Atmos 2 computer?

Britt :fish:
    :fish:

3. turbinetech2

turbinetech2 Solo Diver

4. DiveMaven

DiveMaven Great White

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Wow, the one you bought looks NOTHING like the cable I have for my Aeris AI. Mine looks like the one pictured on CrazyScuba's website.

5. divnamite

divnamite Nassau Grouper

It looks like you have a Serial cable. I remember Atmos Pro uses something like that, not sure Atmos 2 uses it or not.