Attention please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pauline:
Now I read there's 2 of 'those' pictures floating around somewhere on the board! Still haven't found even 1 working link! Grrr.

Is it really THAT bad??
It's not a "dinner time" picture that's for sure!!

Do a google search, you'll find it. Prepare thyself...

Even google doesn't seem to be willing to help out at the moment...

Maybe I should take that as a hint.

Pauline:
Even google doesn't seem to be willing to help out at the moment...

Maybe I should take that as a hint.
Page six of this old thread

PG-13RR rating :11:

Okok...I SHOULD have taken that as a hint.

:freak:

That is truly disgusting!

MikeFerrara:
WOW, what if you were trying to get your buddies attention because you had a problem?

You really need to be aware of each other all the time. Then a simple wave of a hand will let them know that you're going to say something. Otherwise you're pretty much solo diving.

If you carry a good light all you need to do is wave your light beam accross theirs...slow for non-urgent and fast for urgent.

I agree with you Mike but she didn't say her "buddy" she said her fellow divers. Case in point.....

I was on a dive boat and got into a conversation with another diver who had an underwater video camera(we'll call him Jim). He was telling me how whenever he has his camera he misses all the good stuff. He had never gotten footage of a shark or a sea turtle. So later we dive. I am with my buddy and Jim is off with his buddy. While down there I see a HUGE sea turtle swimming along the reef and just ahead of the turtle and about 15 feet above it is Jim with his camera and he doesn't know it is there. So my buddy and I start acting like idiots, waving our hands and screaming "JIM!" through our regulaters. Obviously neither he nor his buddy could hear us. I think the turtle could hear us though because he took off like a bullet! Maybe I should have banged my tank, but then he might have thought it was the DM and gone off looking for him.

They are small but you really can get someones attention if you need to. Just don't buy the little keychain style like I did. No one can hear it except yourself from my experience.... but then again... maybe my dive buddies are trying to tell me something? The little SS bar also works quite well.

frankenmuth_tom:
I find the when you dive with the same buddy a long time, they tend to pay LESS attention to you. My regular buddy Dave and I have about 35 dives together in a little over a year, and I tend to follow him around on many of the dives. Becuse of that, he doesn't check on me all that often. ...

True! My regular buddy and I ran into a situation recently where he wanted to get my attention and couldn't - I know it was mostly my fault because I had become so used to diving with him that I wasn't checking on him all that often (not nearly as often as I used to, not nearly as often as I check on unfamiliar buddies, and definitely not nearly as often as I should have!)

And boy did he let me know about it after the dive!! Suffice it to say I keep MUCH better tabs on my buddies now. :D

Back
Top Bottom