Aussie diving August Week 1-2: Fri 1st to Thur 14th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anybody been diving lately?

Got out the last two weekends, last week one drift dive, we called off the second one as my buddy was not feeling great. Finally got the hang of my buoyancy with drifting so it was very relaxing as I did not have to fin at all :)

Today we dived at Blairegowie for an hour, was fairly good dive though I was trying out ankle weights and they cut off circulation in my feet so my feet were numb about 20mins into the dive. Anyway, we were ages from shore so I just stuck them around my wrists for the rest of the dive, which was fine until about six divers swum past us, really embarrassing to be swimming around with 'wrist' weights :rofl3: Hope they did not notice...

After that, we FINALLY got on the Eliza Ramsden wreck (our 5th attempt, the others were canceled because of shipping). Was an *amazing* dive, such a beautiful wreck and we had about 12-14m of viz, also there were heaps of fish around too. :) Waiting for the pics and video from my buddy at the moment~~~

Also this weekend was my last weekend diving wet! Bought a drysuit last week as I found one I really liked that was on special :) Northern Diver Divemaster for $1500. Anyway, luckily it fit great as they only had one male ML (none of the female suits came anywhere close to fitting me), except in the boots, so it will be ready with new boots by next weekend. YAY!!!!! My buddy got a ND Rubbatex today as well but held of diving in it today to wait until next weekend so we can both learn under the pier together :)

Good for you getting out! I didn't get out today as I had a last minute client book a portrait session for late morning and I figured after my holiday I'd better take the cash LOL

Congrats on the new suit! Hope you love it and it helps you get out and dive even more!

Sounds like a good day of diving Sas. :)

Are you going to do a drysuit course?

Sounds like a good day of diving Sas. :)

Are you going to do a drysuit course?

Nah, we have been asking a few people who have drysuits and they say to just go and practice under the pier so that is what we have planned for next Saturday (apparently we need to get good at somersaulting! :p). At the store that are doing the modifications for me, the guy spent ages showing us the maintenance of it too so that was really handy :)

I think if I struggle on Saturday, then I will look into a course then!

Nah, we have been asking a few people who have drysuits and they say to just go and practice under the pier so that is what we have planned for next Saturday (apparently we need to get good at somersaulting! :p). At the store that are doing the modifications for me, the guy spent ages showing us the maintenance of it too so that was really handy :)

I think if I struggle on Saturday, then I will look into a course then!

A friend of mine just completed a course in it recently, and it scared me silly when he told me about practicing for the uncontrolled feet first ascent stuff! I must be a true warm water wussie! :rofl3:

:happywave

returned yesterday from a little over a week of diving Lady Elliot with BowlofPetunias and Thanks4Fish :multi:

ummm.... let me list 'em: whales, mantas, turtles, morays, wrecks, pipefish, tropical fish, hard corals

did i mention the whales - we got whale spit on us as one surfaced so close to our boat we got wet from its blow!

thats what Mr BowlofPetunias said but i prefer the other option :D

but seriously... one went under our boat - it was very cool

Wow sounds cool almitywife! Do you have pictures to post?? :)

hubby took HUNDREDS of pics so in a day or 2 he will start going thru them... i still have all our dive gear on the living room floor so a bit unmotivated (and cold!) right now :lotsalove:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom