Aussie Diving Dec 27th to 2nd Jan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pics Sas and Theo.

Sheila had arranged to go for a dive this morning but was feeling a bit ill so I went instead ... another leisurely dive with a verry good buddy ... didnt find a hell of a lot this dive, but heres a pic for you Almitywife

3152951492_73164ab3fb.jpg

:eyebrow: I would like to make it perfectly clear.... who took this shot!

:uwphotographer: fish has gone from carrying my backup camera to taking pictures for me when I can't make the dive.... how awesome is that?:D

:rofl3:maybe you could convince someone to put Sas in luggage on the next trip to Melbourne! We are getting pretty fed up with it spittling rubble and sand in front of our cameras and on top of our subjects!:rofl3:

A starfish attached to your butt:confused: Now that would have to be a very slow paced dive or a very fast starfish cause you don't have a lot of butt to attach to.:eyebrow:

Hmm it was a very slow paced dive. :wink: I think it crawled on when I brushed up against a pylon or something! They seem to be fast if I happen to take my eyes off them :shocked2: I will send up a big fishbowl so when one of you happens to visit Melbourne you can bring Sas down. I think it will have to be a very big fishbowl...

Fish glad to see you're out and about with the camera. Petunia will make a photographer of you yet I think hehe :eyebrow:

Fish glad to see you're out and about with the camera. Petunia will make a photographer of you yet I think hehe :eyebrow:

No way will i ever be a photographer ... I will just take the very occaisonal happy snap

No way will i ever be a photographer ... I will just take the very occaisonal happy snap

:rofl3: I dunno, I've seen some nice shots from you from petunia :p

Yesterday evening's dive was very relaxing. Did a bit of an exploratory dive. The parking and access at Bare Island is so good and convenient for everyone in our group but we are looking for some newer sites there.

The Eastern Blue Devil will be a big draw till we all get some decent shots of it.... or it disappears:blinking:

What a dive for me to have to miss... when the EBD is out where you can get a few shots. Can't wait to see what Denis got!

Here is the required boxfish for Sas.

Attachments

• DSC07499 (Large).JPG
    DSC07499 (Large).JPG
    90 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC07506 (Large).JPG
    DSC07506 (Large).JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC07511 (Large).JPG
    DSC07511 (Large).JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC07517 (Large).JPG
    DSC07517 (Large).JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC07518 (Large).JPG
    DSC07518 (Large).JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC07519 (Large).JPG
    DSC07519 (Large).JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC07521 (Large).JPG
    DSC07521 (Large).JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC07528 (Large).JPG
    DSC07528 (Large).JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC07532 (Large).JPG
    DSC07532 (Large).JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 41
Happy New Year!!!! We got the new year off to a good start with two dives today. Despite ideal conditions on the surface in Lighthouse Bay the first dive was less than good with a strong surge and suspended sand everywhere. For the second dive we retreated into Exmouth Gulf and dived on Bundegi Reef. There was a school of very accommodating Batfish hanging around the mooring and once we tied up they hung around under the boat. I spent nearly half the dive (spread over three visits under the boat) photographing them using the Tokina 10-17 for the first time on the 50D. Here's some of my favourites:

446312643_b6Kbt-M-2.jpg

446312638_PG4NU-L.jpg

446312597_EKxqs-L.jpg

446312642_FgEDk-L.jpg

These shots are astounding Gudge... I didn't think it possible but you have outdone yourself!
Conditions are changing here so we are hoping to get a dive in before things get much worse. We are crossing our fingers the EBD is there again tomorrow.
Happy New Year all.

Awesome shots! These are my favourite that you have posted Gudge :)

That last photo is magic!

Here's the footage from Looking Glass, that's from the 27th:

Shark City on Vimeo

If you have decent internet and a reasonably new computer, you should be able to switch on HD and watch it full screen, much better that way! The compression on the normal video really ruins all those blue gradients you get underwater. I still need to work on less camera shake, i think if the housing was heavier it would help.. video lights would add a lot of weight but they are sooo expensive. Lead is much cheaper :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom