Aussie Diving September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:depressed: Sorry Sas my flying trip to Melbourne was too busy to catch up with you.. next time. I did get a pretty kewl picture tho Not dive related but how about this effect... Zoom in on the centre of the shot
:shocked2:

Cool pic! :) No worries about the trip, I'll be up in Sydney soon enough! Everything is booked now, except for my car. Still figuring out what is the cheapest rental car for a 23yo, they all have age surcharges :(

Got out for a bunch of dives this week :bounce: :bounce:

We did a night dive at Portsea Pier at about 10pm on Thursday night, was pretty mad except for all these little creatures that swarmed all over us when we had the lights on. A bit icky. We saw *two* Maori Octopuses, which was really exciting as I have only seen little ones before:
n729713689_1353107_4621.jpg

We watched them for a long time :)

Here is a youtube video I made of one (still not great at the videoing I am afraid!)

Also my buddy got a great shot of my favourite fish:
n729713689_1353100_2094.jpg

Today we did a dive somewhere near Lonsdale Arches, I am not sure we were on that site though, but close by. Was very rough on the surface and I got quite seasick. But the first dive was great, we had 10m viz and heaps of fish around! After that we did Boarfish Reef, which was nice, but viz dropped to below 5m and also slack water did not last long so we had to cut short our dive as the current became too strong to swim against.

A Lion's mane jelly at Lonsdale Arches we were taking pictures of to pass the time on our safety stop :)
n729713689_1353138_5131.jpg

Yellow Zoanthids at Boarfish Reef. I love these things!
n729713689_1353141_6089.jpg

Anyway, I heard a rumour almitywife might be diving this weekend??

:DGreat shots Sas... man I gotta get wet soon too!:shakehead:

Bare Island today

We did the Eastern side. 15C most of the dive. Under the bridge was 17 but fairly strong current. Lots of colour sponges, tubeworms, sea tulips and nudis but not a lot of fish. Cuttle, several PJ's one Huge one, large freeswimming moray. I like the eastern side for colour but Western side for fishlife.

Take a close look at the small urchin with my finger for perspective it seems to have feeders or some yellow tipped tubes out. The one attached to the shell (I think the shell was winning) seems to have them too. Any ideas what is happening here?

Nice to get back in the water but my wetsuit shrunk and I hate wetsuits anyway!

DSC04886 (Medium).JPG

Got some pics
DSC04802 (Medium).JPG

Got wet

Shot todayDSC04806 (Medium).JPG

DSC04825 (Medium).JPG

Still trying to figure this out

DSC04835 (Medium).JPG

DSC04862 (Medium).JPG

DSC04868 (Medium).JPG

I'm working on this attachement thing. I think if you click on them you will get the larger version:D.

Oh I love the grumpy fish one! Nice pics bowlofpetunias, glad to hear you got out diving~~~

I think that sea urchin is holopneustes pycnotilus if that helps and those things poking out are their tube feet :) Those ones have yellow sucker tips. Thickened Sea Urchin But yea I could be wrong with my ID, I just bought a book for it called 'Australian Marine Life: The Plants and Animals of Temperate Waters" and that was the closest match with the pictures :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom