Back Inflate vs BPW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What I don't like, about B&W is, they lack pockets
You can definitely add pockets, however off-the-shelf options could probably be better for BPW pockets. Off-the-shelf options mostly just slide onto the waist-belt.

What I don't like, about B&W is, they lack pockets
As you said, BPWs are modular. If you want pockets then install pockets. Waist belt, shoulder straps, crotch strap, cam band, directly on the plate, or clipped off any number of places.

I’m just wondering why there is all the hullabaloo over the difference and even animosity between a quality tech style back inflate BC as compared to a modular BP/W.

I currently have two BC’s. A Zeagle Ranger for diving the PAC NW drysuit diving and a Zeagle Stiletto for diving tropics in a 3mm or even just a rashguard. Both have a multitude of adjustment and now that I have them dialed they are 100% good to go without ANY further adjustments or configurations. Just pack and go. No further adjustments needed.

I get that the price of a BP/W is going to be less than two top tier BC’s……. but my focus on this post is really about which is better when in actual use.

My two BC’s in my opinion seem to offer anything and everything that the BP/W’s do…… only more. The harness is totally comfortable and offers a lot of options such as integrated pockets, D-Rings, attachment points, etc. Plus, both of my BC’s offer rear trim pockets of non ditchable weight that will hold more weight than an aluminum or SS backplate will provide. Plus, I don’t need to haul that weight when traveling because weights at desinations are provided and I can simply insert them into my rear trim pockets

For those that do not want or feel the need for ditchable weight with their “ripcdord” system, then the Zeagles ample weight “pockets” can then be used for many other storage options such as DSMB’s, SMB’s, Signal Mirror, Spare mask, finstrap, maskstrap, o-rings, car fob..etc.

So bottom line……………….why do some folks feel that a BP/W so much superior to a quality tech back inflate BC such as the Ranger or Stiletto?

Thanks….. and Cheers!!!
Because it’s stroke sh*t.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom