Back Inflate vs BPW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't expect my wings ever to fail.
I still don't know what caused this, but I had some puncture in one of my wings over the past week.

full

full

A can easily be configured many ways, common sense is the only limit to how many and where D rings you have/use. I use an H set up with a chest strap with ”T” bars connecting the chest straps to the waist belt, I use Zeagle weight pockets like the ranger has on the back, if I wanted easily adjustable webbing I can add that but once set up, like any b/c I never adjust it.

a good take anything bp/w can be set up at about 1/2 the cost of a quality b/c and easily repaired from bits from many sources rather than proprietary parts.

I have used a SP knight hawk extensively, a Zeagle Ranger and a Hydros, all good tough gear. Overall the bp/w is a better investment of $ toward dives but no need to ditch those good b/c’s in favor of one but it’s really worth looking at when you need a replacement..

“If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know.”

Louis Armstrong

I still don't know what caused this, but I had some puncture in one of my wings over the past week.
That is a snake bite. Luckily you got out alive.

I tried doing a little bit of research on Sea Snakes and Diving:

Based on the distance of the "bite marks" (assuming that's what caused the holes), that must have been a larger snake.

The heads of the Hydrophis ornatus, which is the species we have here in the Gulf of Oman, aren't big enough to make puncture marks on that part of a wing, (I hope). The two holes are exactly one inch apart.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom