Back to Florida at the end of the month!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drive 4/5 hrs and go diving in jupiter and palm beach see sharks,. wrecks, reefs and other cool stuff.

Yes, we are probably crazy for staying up here in icy North Florida in order to inspect wet rocks. Well, nobody ever said I was sane . . . :)

BTW, I want to say a big THANK YOU to jeandiver for joining us today and being patient with us being incredibly slow to get organized and get going. (Although I suspect she didn't really mind letting it get a little warmer than 26 degrees before we got to the dive site!)

I've posted a report of the day with some pictures HERE.

TSandM - great report as always, the surface shots are great. Thanks for the report on OG, there are still a couple sites good for diving. Have fun at Manatee tomorrow, looking forward to a report there as I've heard no updates from it since the flooding has started. Ginnie is apparently still pumping clear water as well. Conditions at Jackson Blue are apparently good enough and continually improving, should be fine by the time you guys get up here.

Yes, we are probably crazy for staying up here in icy North Florida in order to inspect wet rocks. Well, nobody ever said I was sane . . . :)

BTW, I want to say a big THANK YOU to jeandiver for joining us today and being patient with us being incredibly slow to get organized and get going. (Although I suspect she didn't really mind letting it get a little warmer than 26 degrees before we got to the dive site!)

I've posted a report of the day with some pictures HERE.

Lynne:
Awww...you are MOST WELCOME !!! :D
It was WONDERFUL to dive with both of you today. And I didn't mind waiting at all. Let the sun warm it up a bit.
And I am SO GLAD we got into OG before the tanic/smoky'ness got farther down the tunnel.
Once you can do jumps , I agree , do the Distance tunnel. It is REALLY PRETTY back there and the floor isn't as Chewed up as OG is. :D

We will see you soon :D

Jean

In the past when the hydrostatic pressure has been low from a drought,it takes awhile to to clear up after the flood has gone-Little River it took over a year last time.

Are you saying it took over a year for Little River to be back to normal gin clear water or over a year to clear up to decent diving conditions?

I'm sure Jeano Beano didn't mind one bit...being that she dives in a 3mm shorty that's 2 times too big for her!!!

Yeah, she was fine in the water, but when that cold air hit, she made a beeline for a hot shower!

We had an utterly marvelous day at Manatee today. The water was clear and the flow was mild. We did the first dive with Jean and Mike McCauliffe, and then, by gum, we did the second one all by ourselves!

I even got to see a Manatee in the main spring when we got there, too.

And now we're in High Springs and we have HEAT!

Yeah, she was fine in the water, but when that cold air hit, she made a beeline for a hot shower!

We had an utterly marvelous day at Manatee today. The water was clear and the flow was mild. We did the first dive with Jean and Mike McCauliffe, and then, by gum, we did the second one all by ourselves!

I even got to see a Manatee in the main spring when we got there, too.

And now we're in High Springs and we have HEAT!

Ya , you did great !!!! :D
And glad you got heat.
So NEAT you went back in , tied into dat dere gum gold line , and did ANOTHER upstream trek ! :D
Glad you saw the Manatee , I missed it. Maybe it freaked out when Mike and I popped out of the head-spring. :confused:

Lynne , much THANKS for two WONDERFUL dives with both of you :D
Have an awesome time over at YINNY and then up in dat dem dere panhandle.
I know you will WOW-EM over at Ginnie and then up Nort too ...

Keep dem panhandlers in line , ya know.
That BUGMAN can be a handful. He doesn't breathe anyway , so watch out !

Thanks!
Jeano Beano
Fort White , Florida

P.S. Hey , my shortie might be a non-fitter , but hey , it does the job. Now what that job is , I am not sure :D
Lynne , watch out for Dive-aholic too. He's another one of them flashy panhandlers :D

I think I might just start a "New shorty for Jeano Beano" fund raiser.

Hope you're not planning on diving in that thing in California this week! :11:

Well, if I couldn't remember where I was today, the "Ginnie fingers" would remind me.

Four dives, two CO2 headaches (coincidentally when I was running the reel) and on the last dive, we finally made it through the Lips. Put a reel in my hands, and I -- I -- turn dives on gas. Whod'a thunk it?

And a fantastic evening at Floyd's with Chickdiver, Benthic, Debersole (who all spent the whole meal bombarding me with reasons why rebreathers rock) and three pilots who sat with Peter, and SparticleBrane who did a drive by socializing on his way to the Ginnie Ballroom.

Four more cave dives executed with enthusiasm if without much flair, and a good deal of fun had by all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom