Backplate Secrets Revealed! (and other entertaining anecdotes)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And he will probably tank mount it to top it off! :D

I think you sold me on a DSS rig :) Once I get my drysuit (very soon) their BP/W setup is my next purchase!

crpntr133:
And he will probably tank mount it to top it off! :D
Oh, come now. I may have ended up in the Gatorade line when the koolaid was passed out, but I'm still far enough from Tang to have stage-rigged my slung pony. :D

Congrats on going to BP,W,&H! Awesome read by the way, very colorful. You should've looked into the pink wing that Tobin makes. It has become a bit of a trademark for me. Although, it is now an orangish hue and I've patched it several times, I would never get rid of the thing. It has over 250 dives on it (in less than a year), aluminum, steel, deco bottle, deep, shallow, teaching, pleasure, boat, beach, spring, etc... that wing is awesome.

roakey:
Welcome to the dark side. There's a reason Darth Vader's breathing sounds like that... :)
I thought that was because somehow he got a microphone stuck in the second stage... but then again, I've never tried a full-face mask. (Looks like one of those hydroopticsy bubble-eyed ones, actually.)

That was a great post. Glad you made a good decision, I can't wait what to read what happens for your 200th dive!!

Keep diving, and dive safe

ClayJar:
Turns out, the publisher scrubbed the books-on-tape department, but the podcast should be out as soon as iTunes is released for Win98. :D
A very entertaining read. But I am not convinced that someone who would choose such a well manufactured and functional DSS setup is still using Win98.

TSandM:
Boy, I was smiling approvingly, until you got to the pony . . . :D
It is probably just an O2 bottle in training.

Willie

wet-willie:
A very entertaining read. But I am not convinced that someone who would choose such a well manufactured and functional DSS setup is still using Win98.
Hehe, it's all in how you look at it. People note that I'm a "computer guy", so how on earth can I still be running Win98. I just note that who other than a computer guy could possibly keep Win98 running this long. :D

(XP added padding and pockets, but who really needs those. Apparently Vista's really big into retractors and quick releases.)

I was laughing the whole way through. Who says folks from Louisiana ain't articulate. We can tell a story and can cook a gumbo all without breaking stride. Clay, if you're in need of some bigger pony bottles, slung of course, I've some 80's already setup when you get ready to get into tech diving.

There are a few of us here in Louisiana that made it to the dark side and lived to tell about it. When you get a chance stop by Coral Reef Dive Shop in Slidell and see Rick the owner. He is a great guy and can help with some more training.

When you get ready to try your wing in some warm water let me know. My house in Couzmel always has room for one more. Besides there are three BP and wings hanging in the closet there and they could always use a new friend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom