Bad Fitting Vest or None at All?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Papasmurf89

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey,

I've recently been using a vest that doesn't fit very well although the hood does. The vest is just a tad to big. I was thinking that I'd grow into but apparently I haven't so I'm kind of stuck on what to do. Right now theres a couple wrinkles, from overlaps because theres too much material, in it when I'm wearing it. I was thinking since maybe this sticks out more it can let more water in thus making me colder.

What do you guys think would be better, to cut off the remaining vest and keep the hood so that my actual wetsuit is tighter or just keep the vest and have it a little big bigger? I'm assuming since theres more empty space more water will get in. I'm not sure if it'll make that big a difference so I was curious what u guys think.

Thanks.

Is this like a chicken vest being worn under a full suit?
https://www.divetank.com/gear/product.php?id=306

A smooth clinging fit is always best but if the suit over the vest has a nice snug fit then there should be little water volume acomodated. Even with a poor fit the vest will still form a labyrinth path between you and the neck opening and suit zipper.

I'd wear it as is as opposed to hacking it off.

Have you considered getting it tailored or making the alteration yourself?

Pete

Back
Top Bottom