Bahamas liveaboards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reel Crazy14:
well, i got reservations for the july 10th trip on blackbeard's. It's a little more economical. i just dont know if i can wait that long!

Reel - make sure you bring foul weather gear. My first trip out I thought it was optional, but I don't think I'd ever go again without it. More often than not the trip over is wet and you'll be far more comfortable if you are dry.
Also pack really lightly - the lighter the better you'll enjoy the cruise (and bring a couple of clothes pins).

The Isla Mia was noted in the silver 50th anniversary edition of Skin Diver as the first, or one of the first live aboard dive boats in the Mar Caribe.

I spotted her maybe 7 years ago, assumably on the mud bottom, just off of the main wharf of French Harbour Yacht Club (former CSY location). She didn't look well, but habitable nonetheless by a local caretaker... or worse.

Then in 2002 (?) I spotted her hove up ashore just behind French Key, just West of Fantasy Island.

In August 2003 I motored alongside her and took some Kodachromes of this now decaying and destitute hulk.

She was then towed away for scrap sometime before 12/03, and in Roataneese parlance, she was "lost while underway". This mistake and loss obviates the need for any scuttling permit to make her a shallow water wreck- assumably she lies just off of CoCoView in 3000+ feet of water.

The website specified by previous posts makes her look quite alive and functional. So much for the internet.

Bahamas? Make mine Nekton.

I'm sure there are other vessels named the Isla Mia. It doesnt really matter anyways because i have already made resv with Blackbeard's. Nekton looks nice but not that economical, especially with a family of 5.

Blackbeard's is a very good choice.

Reel Crazy14:
I'm sure there are other vessels named the Isla Mia. It doesnt really matter anyways because i have already made resv with Blackbeard's. Nekton looks nice but not that economical, especially with a family of 5.

Blackbeards will be major fun, say hi to the fishies!

In reference to your local LDS and the Isla Mia LiveAbord... be kind to them and pass along what I wrote- they may thank you later. The website mentioned by a later poster is absolutely the ship that is now at Davy Jones' Locker. GOOGLE turns up no other hits on the name in the Bay Islands.

Don't forget your eye patch :crossbone and have everyone watch Pirates of the Caribbean... "Arghhh, you're a Blackbeard, now!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom