BARE Dry glove system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jep,

I was at the SCUBA.com show room the other day and looked at the Bare dry glove system. It is in fact the Si-Tech system. All literature and instructions say "Si-Tech".

One word of caution, if you order from them, however. Some of the quick glove rings (goes on the glove) have been mis-labled with SKU of the quick clamp ( goes on the dry suit seal). We discovered this when the wrong quick clamp part was brought out from the warehouse. Make sure they pull the correct part for you. Ask to talk to Steve or Rick , both are aware of this issue.

You are right about the SI part.....the manual for the clamps has it all over the place. Well, there is not much I can do about it now....the package is on its way. I know what it looks like...so I'll know right away iof they goofed.

That would be a pisser if that got messed up...im not really patient when it comes to waiting on scuba stuff to arrive.

Why are drygloves always blue? Dryglove users always look like they're a little overdressed to clean the toilet.

Let us know how they work out. I'm interested in these now. And good luck getting over those first 15 dives. You'll be able to change your profile any day now. :wink:

Greg,

I bought a pair of orange, green, and blue dry gloves. I'll post pics of them all....I may even mix and match to confuse people.

I am almost to 16 dives.

Ok, I got SI Tech glove side and clamp today. I also bought the Diving Concepts system which now has Neoprene Gloves.

I've tried both systems with my TLS350 just at my house and from what I see so far...the SI Tech is much less intrusive on the suit. I never got the Diving Concept system on my wrist seal as I felt I was applying too much pressure on my suit to get it over the ring once you go to put the sleeve back to its normal position.

I will go diving this weekend with the SI Tech system and write a 5000 word report. :)

Ok, I only have a couple dives with them, but my hands are dry and very comfortable. This system is easy to install, more flexible with different gloves, simple to adjust, and seems to be less stressful on my seals than the DC system.

Very very nice. I think I shall return the DC system.

Brian, which system are you talking about..the SI-Tech? If the glove leaks I have my regular wrist seal to keep the rest of me dry. I put the spanner ring on the wrist seal a little bit after the suit and seal meet.

michaelp68:
Hmmm. This has been an interesting thread.

I just placed my drysuit order with my lds yesterday for a Bare Trilam HD Tech. Can't wait.

I'd been planning on ordering the Diving Concepts snap-on dryglove system. Now, after reading this thread, I'm inclined to, instead, order the Bare dryglove system so the drysuit will come with the cuff rings for the drygloves already installed.

Does anyone have any firsthand experience comparing the Diving Concepts system and the Bare system?

Jepuskar, did you go and take a look at the Bare system yet?

I'm sure that you will get advocates of the Bare system supporting its use (it's actually a Si-Tech system) but I have the benefit of comparing it at first hand with the DC ringed gloves. These are a better fit and a more reliable system - IMHO.

jepuskar:
Ok, I got SI Tech glove side and clamp today. I also bought the Diving Concepts system which now has Neoprene Gloves.

I've tried both systems with my TLS350 just at my house and from what I see so far...the SI Tech is much less intrusive on the suit. I never got the Diving Concept system on my wrist seal as I felt I was applying too much pressure on my suit to get it over the ring once you go to put the sleeve back to its normal position.

I will go diving this weekend with the SI Tech system and write a 5000 word report. :)

Quite right about fitting the DC by attempting to turn the suit sleeve inside out. The answer is to double back your latex cuff (with the mounting O Ring inside) then stretch it over the cuff ring - all with the sleeve right-side out. You WILL need help to hold the ring - or a jig to secure it. But the result is a simple fit and a great glove system...

Back
Top Bottom