Before I buy an AI computer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh man, you guys are all braver than I am. I'm just so leery of any extra doodads - I just have a clunky brass SPG on the end of my HP hose. My computer slate, bottom timer sits on my wrist, and no one is on speaking terms with anyone.
I'd love to go AI, but I have seen people having problems with them in some truly exotic places. Plus it's a nice chunk of change that I'm not willing to tie up in one piece of gear. I guess I'm just doomed and stuck with my brass SPG. It does come in handy repelling boarders at sea though.

Tom Winters:
Oh man, you guys are all braver than I am. I'm just so leery of any extra doodads - I just have a clunky brass SPG on the end of my HP hose. My computer slate, bottom timer sits on my wrist, and no one is on speaking terms with anyone.
I'd love to go AI, but I have seen people having problems with them in some truly exotic places. Plus it's a nice chunk of change that I'm not willing to tie up in one piece of gear. I guess I'm just doomed and stuck with my brass SPG. It does come in handy repelling boarders at sea though.
Not really, I personally have the Vytec but without the AI transmitter. I have the same kind of SPG as my primary. Later I might add the transmitter as a nice-to-have backup (or maybe not). Since I work with redundant (sometimes triple redundant) computer systems for a living, I'm not prone to trusting the electronics too much. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom