being called a sissy because I dive dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm, a p-valve would be nice... think it is going to be a bit hard though, given my gender and all~
Don't sell yourself short! In this day and age, women have every opportunity as men to be a call a sissy for wearing a drysuit.

The She-P

The long version

Don't sell yourself short! In this day and age, women have every opportunity as men to be a call a sissy for wearing a drysuit.

The She-P

The long version

Haha yea, I have been reading the women's forum about it actually! No one where I dive has one yet so have only been able to find stuff on the net. I think given how much I dive now, it might be worthwhile. Will keep reading (and saving up for the modification!) :)

Actually, if you wear a drysuit and pee in it, it won't be sissy they call you, it will be stinky!

I dive my drysuit whenever the temp warrents it. I get more jealous looks than sissy comments...

Mike

I live here in New England, have suit will dive, the jealous bastards who dive a wetsuit can call me whaterver, but they come up shivering and I laugh at them, while using up the rest of my gas.

They are jealous! If I can't do it in a 3mm, I dive it dry. That is how I roll, and I SUGGEST others follow, because it is soo much more comfortable doing so.

Those that don't dive dry.. umm... likely can not afford to. But for those that think they can not afford to dive dry, I have three words... Ebay, Bare NexGen.

I've been diving my NexGen for three years now, and it rocks. Best $350 I ever spent! :D

Next time they call you a sissy, bring some ice water with, and stick it down their wetsuits. I would imagine Upstate New York has some cold water most of the time. Who would be calling you a sissy?

LOL, I just saw your avatar...

Tom

They do make them for women.I was at Peacock spgs a few months back and a chick was standin over by the bushes takin a wiz just like a man.In her pretty blue dry suit.I overheard her talking to another gal about how nice it was.I think its a she-pee.

You sure it was a chick? Maybe it was a "she-he"

I love my dry suit. I hope I never have to dive wet in Jersey again. If anyone called me a sissy, I'll just punch them in the face!

Next time they call you a sissy, bring some ice water with, and stick it down their wetsuits. I would imagine Upstate New York has some cold water most of the time. Who would be calling you a sissy?

LOL, I just saw your avatar...Tom

Yea...I like it too. the amazing thing about it is she don't get tired...I watched it for several hours once and she NEVER rested!!!
Some times I'm a :dork2: LOL

As of today I am also a sissy!!! :lotsalove: But long repetitive dives in a wetsuit in 10C... hmm was getting a bit tough. I LOVE my new drysuit though! Was really easy to dive in and my buoyancy was no different, although I did have to add 8 pounds in the end. :( However it has to go back to the shop for a week as I had boots swapped to smaller ones and they put the left boot as the right one and vice versa *cries* So not only was I a sissy I had funny shaped feet, so I got picked on for both at the dive shop! :( And now I won't get to take it away on my dive trip weekend next week grrrr.

Hmm, a p-valve would be nice... think it is going to be a bit hard though, given my gender and all~
:rofl3:

hijack: Sas, re the She-P, talk to TS&M about how its working out

hijack off:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom