Best Buy Cheap Scuba Computer?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveInTheBlue

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi guys, I need to buy around 5 computers for my club and was thinking to get the best that I can for the money that I am willing to offer. So far I am between two models:

Scubapro Aladin Sport or Suunto Vyper since I can get both models for the same price, around 200$.
What do you think? What model would you pick from this two and why would you pick it? Also if you got a alternative option for similar cash value post it here please.

Here are the links of the models:
Scubapro Aladin Sport
http://www.scubapro.com/en-US/USA/instruments/computers/products/aladin-sport.aspx

Suunto Vyper
Suunto Vyper - Versatile nitrox-capable dive computer

Thanks.

You do know the Vyper is significantly more conservative than the Aladin? My wife has to use the 2 tweaks that make it less conservative maxed out, AND run it at 26% (on air) to be fairly equivalent to my Aladin, for the first dive.

If download matters the infrared currently is NOT working on Windows 10. MS removed it just before it came out. It has re-appeared on a preview version so may be back by June....maybe.

Vyper is likely more reliable.

Reactions: Jax
Our club uses Suunto Zoop they seem fine when people both to lean how to use them.

Another option is Mares Puck Mares Puck Wrist Computer a local dive operator uses these for hire gear.

Zooop

Oceanic Veo 2.0 can be had for $230. Download cable is $65, don't know if you want or need one or more. I would rather dive choice of DSAT or PZ+ (Buhlmann ZHL-16C variant) than one of the proprietary RGBM decompression algorithms. The Aladin would be fine if the current download problem is not important

I dont know why you have narrowed your choices to those two. I had Zoop which I sold to get Mares Puck which also works as a bottom timer. I would recommend it highly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom