Best Comprehensive Book on Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep in mind, that this was also around the time that the Cousteau team was launching harpoons at whales, in order to track them . . .
I listened to a great presentation a long time ago from people who'd worked on a marine mammal research project, and they needed to tag whales. They had a device they called The Dildo that hung on the end of a boom they'd hold as they approached a whale in a Zodiac, and it had a trigger they would use to fire a barb into the dorsal fin that would hold the tracker in place. He said that one day in a little bit of rough conditions the person holding the boom was tossed about and accidentally lowered The Dildo into someone else's lap, which caused quite a bit of consternation until it was lifted away without having been accidentally fired. So, anyway, there may be legitimate ways to tag things. But not people.

Of course, some of these same people may have been aware of a certain marine worm that has hemoglobin, basically, and one of those people may have stuffed one down his pants and gone into a public restroom, and may have whipped it partway out of his zipper while standing next to someone at the urinals, and may have made some distressed noises and then taken out a knife and sliced the marine worm in half, which would have have looked like something else was happening to someone else just taking a sidelong glance.

Hopefully this isn't too off topic. I don't know. Today I realized I might be senile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom