Best Cozumel activity if it is raining?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm at the airport waiting to depart on a trip to Cozumel with the wife. Looks like we will have at least one day of rain over the next week. If you had one day on Cozumel and it was raining what is the best thing to do or see?

We always stay on the south end of the island at AIs. So really anything different will be interesting.

Thanks,

Jason

Why wouldn't you just go diving?

Still have to find something to do in the afternoon.

I'm past the point where I care to (or even can) dive all day every day. A 2-tank boat trip in the morning is about my speed these days. I'm happy to do that in the rain.

For people who do this, though, there is still a whole lot of day left. If they would otherwise spend that time lying or walking on the beach, it's nice to know some options for afternoon activities that won't get you soaked.

I just ordered some new DVDs to bring with us. Hopefully we won't need them.

The wind forecast also has me worried about port closures during our trip. Hopefully it will still be warm/dry enough to go to a beach club or something.

Last edited:
It looks like that norther that blew thru here a couple of days ago is arriving with thunderstorms in front, north winds behind - tomorrow forecast "Cloudy and windy. High around 75F. Winds N at 20 to 30 mph" - depending on which site you like. Hope it gets over itself quickly for those who are there now.

Don,
You are right on the money with your forecast. It blew in last night, lots of rain, lightning, wind. The winds coming in strong this morning as well. Scheduled to dive the east side this morning.

The issue is always trying to balance diving with a non diving spouses vacation happiness. Essentially if it is raining I would rather go do an activity with her since she can't lay out on the beach.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions of what to do.

Jason

Back
Top Bottom