best cozumel concierge dive company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+3 for Tres Pelicanos. "3P's" will deliver everything you are looking for... They deliver "boutique" diving without the "boutique" price! Read the last thread that went to I don't know how many posts re: Aldora and 3P's reviews. Both are great dive ops but we aren't leaving our 3P's as we're not air hogs and have no need for those heavy HP steel tanks (although some love them and I understand 3P's just purchased some HP Steel 100's for those who want them).

There are several great dive ops that offer the level of service you are looking for and I am sure they will all be mentioned in response to your post. We've been diving coz annually for 14 or 15 years now and 3P's has delivered the best service and experiences for us since we found them 3 years ago. Aside from the great dive experiences we've enjoyed, Jeanie at 3P's who handles all reservations via email and the 3P's website is absolutely SPECTACULAR with her immediate responses and ability to cater to their divers every need. In the event they can't cater to specific need she will tell you so as it is better to turn a client away than to make a promise that can't be delivered for the sake of filling a boat. UW time since we found 3P's has been 3, 2-week dive trips the past 3 years and we logged I guess 75 dives with them or something.

We enjoy dive freedom and 3P's general rule is each diver and their buddy is free to dive their tanks, their DCs, or 70 minutes - whichever comes first. Do check out the reviews of 3P's and the others on Tripadvisor where you can read through the posts without everyone here (including myself) crowing about our favorite dive op.

At the end of the day it will come down to which dive op delivers the freedom, level of service, and dive experience you want at a competitive price and offers the easiest pick up and return to/from where you are staying. I say visit 3P's website and send Jeannie an email - see what they can deliver and visit the other dive op web sites mentioned and contact them. I bet none will respond faster and with more info than 3P's and as you ask more questions via subsequent emails, the answers just keep coming which is rare in our experience.

Last edited:
Aldora. From the Staff and Captains to the DiveMasters they are top notch. Especially if you want a full fill in your tanks.

Aldora and Blue XTSea will not manage your wetsuit. Tres Pelicanos will but does not routinely do surface intervals at a beach resort. I have not dove with Living Underwater but have spoke with many that have and they were all very pleased. I think they might just tick all your boxes. @MMM is a regular with them.
Indeed. I am a "vintage" diver also. I like things "easy" and am a bit of a princess when it comes to how I want the boat to be outfitted (snacks BEFORE and AFTER the beach resort SI, seat cushions and a huge camera tank anyone?) and maintained. I am approaching 1000 dives here... Jeremy (the owner/DM) picks up your gear at your hotel and drops it off at the end of your dive trip so the only time you lift your dive bag is entering and departing the airport. Also keeps and rinses your wetsuit so you literally do nothing except dive if you are so inclined. LP steel tanks (95s and 120s) are usually overfilled by a couple of hundred pounds since LP steel tanks are pretty forgiving in this regard.

Last edited:
I highly recommend Advanced Divers. Although they have a larger boat, they rarely have more than 6-8 divers. What is nice about their boat is that you can have shade or sun, and they have a head that is clean and works! Better than a SI at a beach club is that they serve a lunch (included in the price) of fruit, sandwiches, fresh guacamole, chips, etc... In addition, you always get to dive your tank or 75 minutes whichever comes first for you. You do not all ascend together. Simone, Ricardo, or Tony are all experts at pointing out the critters you want to see. They will keep all of your equipment including wetsuits and your gear is clean and set up ready to go the next morning. They leave at 9 am and you will spend a wonderful day with two dives and a SI of 1.5 hours. Check out their reports on TripAdvisor. They are accurate. Also, if you are into photography, Simone is simply the best. If you have any questions, please contact me. My husband and I have about 1000 dives each and Advanced Divers is simply the best if you want a full day of diving, food, and fun!

Reactions: MMM
Here we go again. I think we should pick the best one of these 500 treads with everyone touting their favorite dive op and just pin it. Maybe have one thread where each of the dive ops gets to promote their operation. Or something like that.

Here we go again. I think we should pick the best one of these 500 treads with everyone touting their favorite dive op and just pin it. Maybe have one thread where each of the dive ops gets to promote their operation. Or something like that.

Agreed...it does get tiresome...but I sometimes get "suckered-in" with an opinion...

Here we go again.

it does get tiresome....

Yes indeed.

I get sick of it for many reasons, but chief among them is because no one takes into account the dive master in these cheerleading sessions. I don't care what services the shop provides, if the dm's style and personality don't mesh with yours, what good does it do you?

The "touting" of favourites should, IMO, be focussed on answering the OP's question. Of course, different people have different opinions on what constitutes "concierge".

I avoid "concierge" and "boutique."

Silly words for a dive op.

Hey! They wanted a dive shop that took care of all their gear. That shuts out Aldora and BlueXTC. People are helping list the ones that are good and do take care of all the gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom