Question Best Dive Masks for Guys with Beards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These are working for me quite well:

Poseidon Black Line
Atomic Aquatic Venom, Venom Frameless and Frameless 2
ScubaPro Gorilla Frameless

hollis m1. don't trim you mustache or cheek hairs. it makes them stand up and hold the silicone off your face. long whiskers lay flat.

get used to clearing your mask.

I have moustache and fairly well trimmed beard. I keep the beard short, but it's definitely between my skin and my mask seal.

I've been very happy with SCUBAPRO crystal Vu plus mask. It has a purge valve which I need because I'm a "nose-breather". Without the valve, I flood the mask on every exhale.

There you go, the best one is the one that fits, buy from Amazon and return the ones that don’t fit.

I use the scubapro D mask which works and they sell corrective lens’ that you can easily install.

Whatever you choose don’t get a clear skirt, way to much reflection on the inside of the lens in sunny conditions.

I have used Octomask and it does the job. but a bit heavy on pockets. It does not fog and it is a great value for me.

Can't recall the brand, but fit is critical. Bruce (rip) at Carib Inn bonaire spent like 20 minutes fitting a mask to my face. Ended up choosing a relatively cheap mask, like $35-40, I think Scubamax. I still clear often, but that's life with a beard.

xDeep Radical works well for me.

Can't recall the brand, but fit is critical. Bruce (rip) at Carib Inn bonaire spent like 20 minutes fitting a mask to my face. Ended up choosing a relatively cheap mask, like $35-40, I think Scubamax. I still clear often, but that's life with a beard.
I clear without the beard as well :D
My problem is the hood, with no hood, no leaks :wink:
And I have like 5 hoods and 6-7 masks, tried all combos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom