Question Best Dive Masks for Guys with Beards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Face shape and fit is more important than the beard I’d say, I’ve never had any luck diving with anything more than a shave only yesterday hair,, so drives me to despair when I see Gandalf’s swimming around on rebreathers with not a rogue bubble…

Face shape and fit is more important than the beard I’d say, I’ve never had any luck diving with anything more than a shave only yesterday hair,, so drives me to despair when I see Gandalf’s swimming around on rebreathers with not a rogue bubble…
Longer hairs seal better than stubble. Once I get mine sealed up it is a usually good until I inevitably screw it up. Clearing once every 5-10 minutes is a non issue to me. Mask squeeze is a real thing even with untamed manes.

I have had good luck with the Tusa's also. That being said, I think any mask will leak if your moustache gets in the way. I trim my moustache just under my nose about 1/8". Gives something for the silicone to seal against. Doesn't really change the look, just gives an area for skin to mask contact. Never been a big fan of smearing goo all over my facial hair to get a seal.

I have used a Tusa freedom hd for the past couple of years with no issues. I recently switched to a XS scuba crew and really like the low volume and no leaks on the mustache.

Hollis M1 works great for me. I’ve heard the posiden black line mask works well with beards as too.
I second the M1. Worked great when I had this beast. I heard chap stick in the stache area works but I never tried it.

Attachments

• IMG_2566.jpeg
    IMG_2566.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 8
I second the M1. Worked great when I had this beast. I heard chap stick in the stache area works but I never tried it.
SANTA!!!!

Like many said it’s the face width a well trimmed upper side of the moustache. After all you don’t wear a mask on your chin…

I use the Crystal-vu since many years and just got the Scubapro solo as a backup mask. If anything leaks it’s usually because of carelessness with the hood which I wear 100% of the time even in warm tropical waters… or a loose strap

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom