Best dive sites in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I am planning a 4 days trip to Coz, and only have enough time for 2-3 dives. I wanted your suggestion for the best diving sites in the island.
Also, I am looking forward to seeing a shark for the first time when I`ll be there, so I was wondering how frightening is the experience?
Thanks alot for all your help,
keep having fun :)

If you've never dove Cozumel, they will all blow you away.

Also, you may not necessarily get the exact dives you request, unless you plan on chartering a private boat.

Remember, there are other divers on board as well, most likely diving multiple days...and if they just went to the site(s) you want to go to the day before or at all earlier in the week...well, they probably won't go there again.

Let the dive operation/DM handle those details and just relax and go with the flow. You're on vacation!

Just got back from Cozumel and 2 of the best dives I did (as far as coral structure and appearance post hurricane) were San Francisco and Palancar Bricks . Bricks being absolutely spectacular. Picture floating between coral formations the size of 3 to 6 story buildings in clear water with an amazing blue color and the brightest white floor you've seen between the formations. The dive starts at about 85 feet and theres a wall thrown in for good measure. Oh and we saw four turtles there. If you want to see the biggest green moray you will ever see up close and personal (and I mean close you can put your hands on it if you dare he's not shy in the least) there is a moray in permanent residence at Delilah that is about 8 feet long and about a foot thick just behind the head he is huge . However Delilah does not have the massive reef structure of Bricks. Also Bricks had the least sand coverage post hurricane.

The most important thing you can do if diving Cozumel the first time is to relax, listen to your DM and his/her pre dive breifing, then simply ENJOY!!! It doesn't matter WHERE or WHICH dive site it is, but more importantly, it matters that it simply IS. Just make sure to let your Dive operator/DM know about your skill levels and concerns.

As far as sharks go, no worries. It is very exciting to see sharks. But look quickly as they are there and gone before you know it. DH and I have seen Black tips and beautiful Nurse sharks in Cozumel. I'm sure there are those out there who have seen others and have had different experiences.

Enjoy your vacation and most importantly, enjoy the moment....Serendipity Sue

I dove with DIMI. But there are lots of good dive ops. Christi probably right up near the top.
My favorite site this past trip was Santa Rosa Wall, but I didn't have a bad dive.
Have fun !

bigbluefish:
Hello friends,

I am planning a 4 days trip to Coz, and only have enough time for 2-3 dives. I wanted your suggestion for the best diving sites in the island.

Don't worry about it; it's all good. If you'll only have 2-3 dives there, there are many great places that your dive op wouldn't take you, anyway; they are advanced sites and the op would want to first dive with you a few times to see how you do on easier dives. This is irrespective of what it says on your C card or how many dives you claim to have had.

But don' worry, be happy. You'll be back; don't expect to see it all in one day. Like I said, it's all good.

Just got back from my second trip to Coz. I agree if you don't have time for alot of dives and the DM asks everone where they want to go today-speak up and say Palancar Bricks or Santa Rosa. We saw 3 small black tips and a couple of nurse sharks last week as well as quite a few turtles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom