Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100_2343.jpg

100_2361.jpg

100_2357.jpg

the ultimate:breitling avenger chrono m1 ...the only chrono rated and OPERATIONAL at 1000m(all others I know of(not sure about the zenith defy extreme chrono),have non functioning mechanically operated push pieces at these depths.you have to keep them screwed in so they retain their water resistance.this one has magnetically operated push pieces!!!.its also not THAT expensive compared to the others).
Thes watches also have chrono pushers with an operational rating to the depthe that the watch is rated.

Blancpain 50 Fathoms Chrnongraph
Omega SMP Chronograph
Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph
Omega Broad Arrow Chronograph (Not a diver but 100m rated)
TAG Aquagraph
IWC Aquatimer Chronograph
Sinn U1000 Chronograph
Casio G-Shocks
Citizen Aqualand series (I think)

I believe there are several others but Can not put my finger on them just now.

Rolex Submariner. No diamonds or gold ... all stainless. Love it.

dear vince(I agree that there must be others,also)
thank u for your reply.I have to stress though that my remark was depth(1000m /)and operability.the chronos I know rated at these depths are the zenith defy extreme the panerai slytech and anonimo professionale 1000m chrono but none are operable as chronographs at these depths...they are just water resistant and functioning as watches only,or as chronos if started at the surface or at more viable depths...(at least that was the statement by breitling at their site.)the ones that you mentioned are rated 100,300,600,100,500,120,?,200,200.I have to admit that although I am familiar with the sinn U1 , U2 I dont know about the sinn u1000 chrono.could you please send me a link?there are time pieces rated at even greater depths than those(my IWC aqtimer 2000m, bell & ross at 10000m(liquid filled like the sinns..)and surely several others!!!anyway this was purely philosophical as we say in greece because I am not going to test any of these watches at even the depths that they are rated(even the "shallower ones"!!!).I will also continue to dive with the mudman.I and as I understand ,you, also are intrigued by the complexity ,the technicallity involved in these wonders of miniaturization and their endurance in harsh environments.
p.s.: to the other scubaboarders sorry if we bored you but I guess when it comes to personal taste or opinions there will always be diversities !!!

Hi there,

One possible dive watch feature that might need mentioning. The best diver's watch must have a crystal that has a screwed down watch crystal!

I've worked on quite a few watches and diver's watches, if the glass aint screwed down it's possible to pop the glass, straight out of the crystal gasket. One Time I was modifying a Customers Tag Heuer, and the glass popped out, I couldn't believe it, was only modifying the case to fit a better Ratchet mechanism.

I would say the vintage Seiko 300m quartz (7549-7010/9) and the vintage Seiko 600m auto (6159-7010/9) are both very good diver's watches!

Seiko2.jpg

Seriously thick crown gasket
tunaseal.jpg

Just strapped on my new Doxa SUB1000T - fits great, looks great - love it!!!!

I wear my SUB600T every day, wet (Rec dives) or dry.

The "rice grain" stainless bracelet is the most comfortable watch bracelet I have ever had the the pleasure of coming in contact with!:D

It definitely has that awesome and indescribable "feel" to it.

No...you folks cannot have mine now. Sorry.:no

While in St Lucia last week, we had the morning off from diving and stumbled into a duty free shop, and next thing I knew, I had a Citizen Eco-Drive Aqualand 20th Anniversary edition on my wrist. I used it for the remaining 4 dives of the trip. I was totally mesmerized by the way the hands would spin around the dial when it went into dive mode.

I am still not sure of the need of a nice dive watch (maybe a backup timer?) when a dive computer is inches away on the same wrist but it sure looks cool. Maybe its most useful feature is I can sit here in the office a week later (while I should be working) and scroll through the dive log and reminisce about the fantastic diving I recently experienced.

JV0030-01E.jpg

It seems to me that the Casio G-Shock is the best cheap watch ever.
I don't think it is the coolest but, for function and value it would be hard to beat.
That being said, I am wearing my Citizen 300m Pro Divers model and love it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom