Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LUMINOX NAVY SEALS SERIES II. It was designed for the job. Has an EOL battery function. You can always see the time no matter how deep. Velcro strap. I have a Seamaster and a whole host of other "dive watches". The British CWC is pretty good too, but the L;uminox is IT!

If you want the deepest diving watch, the technomarine ABYSS 12000m or 36000ft.

Deepest automatic diving watch, Breitling seawolf 3000m 10000ft,

The brightest dial is a toss up between the ball automatic watches and the Luminox quartz watches

The question originally asked, is a loaded question, with no true answer. You can not compare an quartz movement to an automatic movement, or a digital to the analog face.

One word . . . Submariner.

Attachments

• Sub and Sox.jpg
    Sub and Sox.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 265
Rolex are good watches. I have one, but it do not keep time as well as my omega or breitling. The rolex movement has been unchanged for many many years. The movements of the omega co-axial and the breitling are more advance and keeps better time.

I'm really enjoying this thread! I'm a fanatic about time so of course I love watches. As much as I would love to have a Doxa or a Rolex I can't afford one. I have an orange face Seiko Monster Automatic Diver's watch with a Maratec band that I use day to day.
I also have a Maratec AQC compass watch that I use for work sometimes. It's a good watch but I'm losing about two seconds every three weeks.
I dive with a Casio G-Shock. It doesn't look good but it keeps great time and I've had it down to 100'.

I'm really enjoying this thread! I'm a fanatic about time so of course I love watches. As much as I would love to have a Doxa or a Rolex I can't afford one. I have an orange face Seiko Monster Automatic Diver's watch with a Maratec band that I use day to day.
I also have a Maratec AQC compass watch that I use for work sometimes. It's a good watch but I'm losing about two seconds every three weeks.
I dive with a Casio G-Shock. It doesn't look good but it keeps great time and I've had it down to 100'.
And it's the only watch, of all those that you've mentioned, that you can trust to use for navigation without a yearly $200 tune-up.

Regardless of the watch I would definitely use the Maratac (I misspelled it in my earlier post) Zulu watch band. I'm not sold on the stainless watch band where if you lose one pin you lose your watch.

I collect watches and have a lot of dive watches. On my current business/pleasure trip to South Florida, the three I brought were a modified Seiko diver (my work watch), a Breitling Chrono Avenger (rated to 300m, but I am more inclined to wear it flying) and a Doxa SUB 750T Professional (Doxa is the original orange faced dive watch, from around 1967- this is the modern version, which I'll be wearing off Key Largo).

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

standard.jpg

The main reason that these watches "are out there" is that they have never been SCUBA diving.

If you dive with any of these and do not have anual factory authorized service, you are asking for trouble. No, you're asking for trouble even then.

These are fancy toys. Preserve them for your relatives to fight over. Either that or sell them on eBay and buy a Swatch SCUBA.

Always wanted a SWATCH scuba watch, just for the uniqueness. An analog depth guage!

Swatch Fun Scuba || Swatch Originals / Skin / Irony / Flik Flak

Wish my watch kept as good of time. I must have bumoed my watch or something because I'm changing it almost every other day where as before it gained maybe a minute a month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom