Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for the Citizen Hyper Aqualand -- but latley I have been eyeing this little gem:

Nereos-g1.jpg

...which is really just a rebranded Citizen Aqualand -- but a damn sexy one at that!

diversolo:
Question for everybody with a Hyper Aqualand. Do you send it back to Citizen for battery changes, or do you take it to your local watch shop? I've taken mine to a local guy that just retired for the last 3 changes ($8.00 last time) over the past 9 years with no problems. Also after my third ($75.00 Citizen ) band broke, I just started using a fabric and velcro band that I picked up at my LDS for less than ten bucks. I found that Walmart has a real close knockoff of the original band (less the NDL chart) for around 12 bucks.

I let an official Citizen service center take care of it. I find the watch too expensive for a regular jewelry shop to service it, maybe without realizing what diving is!

But.. I'll admit it is expensive; in the Netherlands: around $40-$45. But then again: so is the watch in the Netherlands!!!!! :sad_2:

Melle

Suunto D9...great dive comp, great looking watch.

breitling avenger seawolf "backed up" with vr-3 trimix or cochran nemesis nitrox computers, depending on the reg i use/dive i do. the seawolf is just a must for this frequent 3000m dives ROFL.

I am using a little aviatime watch. £6 from argos, hasn't failed me yet :D

mattboy:
My favorite was an old russian dive watch that a friend picked up for me pretty cheap in Switzerland, where I imagine they're fairly suspicious of foreign watches....it had a little diver on the face. It really looked cool; worked great until I got it wet! Now I use a seiko. To me the watch/computer combos are not really good at being either; take a computer for your depth/ascent rate/dive time/NDL info and a watch as back up time and to wear on land, you know, with clothes.

Geez...a grammy winner...:D
I'd a thought you have a Rolex Sea-Dweller 4000...:D

Currently using a Luminox...

My Stinger went TU when it went through airport security two weeks ago.

Completely locked up. This is my third watch by Suunto that has died. Each one cost around $500. so if they don't replace this one, well then it's adios to Suunto... Too bad because it was only used as a watch and never taken on dive.

now, now, it's going to be okay....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom