Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an orange face Sub600T and a blue Sub 750T Carribean. Love them both.

<< He was also based here @ Simonstown when the RN had presence here,>>

Small world, my father was the RN Officer in charge of the handover of the RN bases in SA to the South Africans. We lived in Fish Hoek. I now live in Canada

I'm curious as to why no one mentioned the Suunto D9?

Fitzy:
I own a Omega Sea master, good to dive to a 1000ft.. Don’t think I will manage to get that deep, although my dive buddy would probably want to try..(Just kidding).

HOWEVER, it isn’t computerised but has a few good functions. It was very very expensive and the only thing I don’t like about it is that - IT DOESNT KEEP TIME!

Very damn annoying. It looses about 5 minutes a week! My other watch is one of those battery operated cheapos - It keeps fantastic time to the second.. Go figure!

Take it to a good watch shop (if shuch exist anymore) or anOmega dealer and they can adjust it. Should be able to get 5 minutes a year or so...

I have a Suunto Gekko which works great. But the Suunto D9, everything else pales.

I've just completed my Open Water and felt I should use my Submariner - guess I've been wearing it under false pretences for a few years but at least it's now been where intended! I don't feel so bad having read there are Sea-Dwellers out there that have never seen service...

I'm considering the D6, but delaying until I make a decision about needing AI or not. If so, I guess it would be the D9, but theres a trade off between buying for the future and looking like the newbie whos just gone overboard on kit...

Dom81:
I've just completed my Open Water and felt I should use my Submariner - guess I've been wearing it under false pretences for a few years but at least it's now been where intended! I don't feel so bad having read there are Sea-Dwellers out there that have never seen service...

The main reason that these watches "are out there" is that they have never been SCUBA diving.

If you dive with any of these and do not have anual factory authorized service, you are asking for trouble. No, you're asking for trouble even then.

These are fancy toys. Preserve them for your relatives to fight over. Either that or sell them on eBay and buy a Swatch SCUBA.

Dom81:

I'm considering the D6, but delaying until I make a decision about needing AI or not. If so, I guess it would be the D9, but theres a trade off between buying for the future and looking like the newbie whos just gone overboard on kit...
I've had a Submariner since 76, always dive with it. Max was 190' when I was younger and more foolish. I have it serviced every 5 years.

I was doing a lake dive, checking out new gear. My partner and I were on the shore and a training group was in the water. A gentleman with a cast on his leg was on the shore watching the group, and we got to talking. He was the owner of the shop sponsoring the training session. Presently, he looked over at my watch and remarked..."I don't think I've ever seen a dive watch like that. Who makes it?" I showed him the timepiece and explained, "Oh, it's an Armitron. Comes from a very exclusive dive shop...WarMart. $14.95"
He laughed and showed me his watch, a beautiful Rolex Submariner. "My wife gave it to me for our wedding anniversary," he said.
I admired the $5000 watch, then said innocuously, "That's really spectacular. Uh, what time to you have?"
"9:15"
"Son of a gun!" I exclaimed, looking at my watch. "That's what I have, too!"

Okay, so I'm cheap. We both laughed and continued to swap stories while my partner and I geared up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom