Best dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Palancar Caves, Santa Rosa wall, and Torrmentos

Another vote for Palancar Caves

Dalila, very colorful, and Francesa for big groupers. Both shallow dives.

Columbia !!! It always delivers...

from my log ....

"We descended onto Columbia reef. The DM spotted a turtle at the end of the first swim thru. Yay, a turtle! I looked from the turtle over to a couple of big-a$$ groupers and saw a GIANT green moray eel appear, freely swimming, looking for shelter. OH WOW !! Then, as I rose up over the coral head, there was a big eagle ray swimming over the top at the same time, closer than I've ever seen. By this time I'm shrieking in my reg I'm so excited. Had to take a moment to calm down so I didn't suck all my air since all this happened in the first 10 minutes or so. A day to remember. "

For a shallow dive: The Gardens of Ixchel with DM Victor Brito. Also... it's overrun and a cliche but Paradise is a beautiful dive. Always find my little morays there.

There is not a bad place to dive but my personal favorites are Columbia Deep and Columbia Shallows...can't beat the shore diving out from Hotel Coz and Villa Blanca. Have fun!

First dive Cantarel or Barracuda then San Juan for the second dive!

They are spectacular but for someone just starting out like the OP, maybe a bit advanced.

Night dive on Paradise is a must see. Can't remember a bad dive, but 06 after the hurricane some of the reefs were pretty bare. My first Cozumel dive was Palancar Gardens, so it is a favorite. I'm a critter watcher and have always enjoyed Dalila and Bolones de Chankanaab

My favorite dive pairs from various trips (deep then shallow):

Columbia Pinnacles then Palancar Gardens

Paso Del Cedral Wall (ripping current made this really fun!) then Tormentos

Columbia Pinnacles (my personal favorite) then Punta Dalila shallows

Santa Rosa Wall (my second favorite) then Paradise Reef

My favorite Cozumel dive changes every time I roll off the boat. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom