Best diving in the St. Lawrence/1000 Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Might I suggest we start him off slowly and have him do the Gaskin and Muskie on day one and then the Keystorm and Kinghorn ( too bad bout the idiot that dropped the anchor on her ) for day two.

Diving Gal, you cant do the keystorm followed by the kingshorn without going to shore first and clearing in with Cdn customs. You would have to do the kingshorn first if you want to do the keystrom the same day (from the charter operators perspective). The Kingshorn is in Canadian waters and the Keystorm is in American waters. The normal way it is done since sept 11th is dive the kingshorn and then go to US customs then up to the keystorm then back to cdn shore and call canpass.

Most divers diving the Keystorm for the first time want to do it twice just because of the size of the thing.

taz22 once bubbled...
Might I suggest we start him off slowly and have him do the Gaskin and Muskie on day one and then the Keystorm and Kinghorn ( too bad bout the idiot that dropped the anchor on her ) for day two.
Are you not thinking of the anchor in the A.E. Vickery?

GTADiver once bubbled...
Diving Gal, you cant do the keystorm followed by the kingshorn without going to shore first and clearing in with Cdn customs. You would have to do the kingshorn first if you want to do the keystrom the same day (from the charter operators perspective). The Kingshorn is in Canadian waters and the Keystorm is in American waters. The normal way it is done since sept 11th is dive the kingshorn and then go to US customs then up to the keystorm then back to cdn shore and call canpass.

Most divers diving the Keystorm for the first time want to do it twice just because of the size of the thing.

What's been happening is if you're diving in the morning you'd do the Kinghorn 1st then do the customs then the Keystorm. Or with an afternoon charter you'd be doing the customs then the wrecks you wanted.

I agree the Keystorm is worth a 2-dive visit.

DivingGal once bubbled...

Or with an afternoon charter you'd be doing the customs then the wrecks you wanted.

SOMEONE IS BREAKING THE LAW!!!!:copper: :copper: :copper:

hmmm, well, the wolfe islander is a good intro dive, not usually much concern of a thermocline there! and no customs to worry about.

Then off to the marsh .......:wink:

The wolf is another good two dive wreck..... Its also good for those nasty days when you dont want to go out to the city of Sheboygan out of fear of chumming the fish or becoming a wreck yourself.

tend to be my fall-back wreck if things turn rough, we can go there.
ended up there 4 or 5 times this past summer .... :wink:

Bubble Boy once bubbled...

SOMEONE IS BREAKING THE LAW!!!!:copper: :copper: :copper:

can you explain this? It's what was happening this past season. With customs not opening until 10 (ish) you could do a morning dive on the Canadian side, then go to customs, then the Keystorm. Or if you waited until customs opened, you could do 2 dives over on the Keystorm after.

If something else was happening, it's news to me.

I think what bubble boy is refering to is your statement "Or with an afternoon charter you'd be doing the customs then the wrecks you wanted"

The rules are quiet clear.....to dive on an american wreck you are deemed to be entering the US.......you "must report" to US Immigration. You cant simply dive the wrecks you want as you have to advise them where you are going. If you dive on an American wreck in the afternoon ie the Vickery you can not just go and dive on the Kingshorn on your way back. You must go to a designated port of entry to Canada and clear through customs or use canpass

Back
Top Bottom