Best Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I beleive with the Drager, You can have an alternate ir source hooked into the mask so that if something should fail you block it or remove it. Then there is also the option of adding a BOV valve and at that point you just turn the knob and your on a back-up source

Dräger Panorama Nova Dive
Up to three breathing systems can be simultaneously connected
to the Dräger Panorama Nova Dive, or two breathing systems
and a microphone for underwater communication systems.

The Guardian gets my vote.

PICT0341Large.jpg

disregard my response.

Last edited:
not everyone has any interest in them for comms. My wife just had braces installed. She can't see sticking a reg in her mouth for the next 2 years, so well be looking at full face masks as an option. She'll need an octo that she can hand off as well as a mask & training with it, but I won't have one, so a comm system is irrelevant to us. My LDS carries one FF mask, haven't seen it yet & dunno what it is. Will be looking at it in a coupe of weeks.

not everyone has any interest in them for comms. My wife just had braces installed. She can't see sticking a reg in her mouth for the next 2 years, so well be looking at full face masks as an option. She'll need an octo that she can hand off as well as a mask & training with it, but I won't have one, so a comm system is irrelevant to us. My LDS carries one FF mask, haven't seen it yet & dunno what it is. Will be looking at it in a coupe of weeks.

You sould really look at and consider the Kirby Morgan scuba full face mask. It does not require a spare mask and you can go to an octo without removing the mask.

It also does not require extra valves and hoses to switch to your secondary air source because you just pop the regulator pod off the front an jamb your octo in your mouth.

The users manual sates that it is optimum to use the internal mouth peice, but it work fine without it.

s49-web.gif

Super1s.jpg

Super5%20copy.jpg

Super4s.jpg

Here is a link to a really good, simple discription of how the mask works: KIRBY MORGAN DIVE SYSTEMS SUPER MASK

I know this is an old thread but the Scubapro full face mask is a good mask too. Like the Kirby Morgan, you can change regulators if you need to without taking off your mask. Just unscrew the retainer and put the new one in as long as you have the spare retainer on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom