Best Honeymoon/dive Vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, a few, but before we spend your $6k, let's hear from you.

WhAT exactly are you looking for? A hondo dive vacation to remember like a week aboard a Russian "research" vessel in the Antarctic, or were you looking for something more idylic, such as a week in an over the water cabana with room service and a glass floor to watch the fish feed at night?

Vacations (and honeymoons) mean different things to different people.

Do you want a "dive vacation"or a vacations with some diving? Room service in Cayman or chow-line in Roatan? Aggressor or private yacht?

All that aside, what are your individual diving skills and preparedness for diverse conditions? A mere # of total dives doesn't tell us what you might be ready for. One might have 300 dives and still only be comfortable in Freeport, versus doing shore diving, Zodiacs or current dives.

The places you mention, although perceived by many to be in the "exotic realm", rank far below other lesser known destinations. They're just the ones most people, divers and non-divers alike, have heard of. Some places you might be ready for, others not.

SOME VERY GOOD POINTS...

WE WOULD PREFER AN OVER THE WATER BUNGALOW TYPE OF HONEYMOON.. WITH A MIXTURE OF SOME VERY NICE TOPSIDE TIME AND SOME NICE DIVING. I DONT WANT TO TRAVEL THAT FAR TO WATER THAT NICE AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM DIVING A NUMBER OF CONDITIONS. MY FIANCE HOWEVER IS MORE COMFORTABLE STAYING IN THE 35 TO 45 FOOT DEPTH RANGE. I KNOW THERE IS PLENTY TO SEE. I WOULD NEVER FORCE HER BEYOND HERE COMFORT ZONE. I COULD ALWAYS DO A FEW DEEPER DIVES ON MY OWN. BUT REALISTICALLY THAT WOULD ONLY BE FOR SOME WRECK DIVING.

I'M INTERESTED IN HEARING ABOUT THE PLACES THAT MOST DO NOT KNOW ABOUT. I DONT HAVE TO BE A LEMMING AND FOLLOW THE MASSES. I JUST WANT A HONEYMOON TO REMEMBER.

OVERALL.. WE ARE LOOKING FOR A HONEYMOON THAT IS VERY ROMANTIC... WITH NICE DIVING... BOTTOM LINE...
THANKS TERRY

Was always told it didn't matter where you went on your honeymoon, as long as the ceiling is nice that's all that matters... Cause really all you should do is take turns looking at it.

GlazierB:
Was always told it didn't matter where you went on your honeymoon, as long as the ceiling is nice that's all that matters... Cause really all you should do is take turns looking at it.

YOU MAKE A VERY GOOD POINT HERE!!!!:D

TerryTat:
YOU MAKE A VERY GOOD POINT HERE!!!!:D

Or, get a place with a nice balcony- that way you can both enjoy a view of the reef. :D

Check out the Coral Lodge in Panama. I haven't been there, but somebody else on the board recommended it and it looks very interesting. Out of the way, hardly anyone else has been there, very small, and over-the-water bungalows. I haven't signed up yet, but it's going on the list of places I want to visit. See http://www.corallodge.com/faq.htm.

My new wife and I just returned from Montserrat........ I have been diving for about 5 years and have several dive locations under my belt. Kristy and I visited the island, had a small wedding and dove all week for about $4500. Of course your wedding size will dictate costs but it was just us and some locals. Visit www.divemontserrat.com. Troy and Melody own the Green Monkey Dive Shop. The best part of this deal was that while we were diving with Troy, Meldoy was doing our wedding coordination. Where else can you get a truly unique experience, dive pristine conditions and have an active pyroclastic volcano all on one island. Definately send them an email and tell them that Shawn and Kristy highly recommends them!

Shawn Larkin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom