Best Honeymoon/dive Vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SLarkin:
My new wife and I just returned from Montserrat........ I have been diving for about 5 years and have several dive locations under my belt. Kristy and I visited the island, had a small wedding and dove all week for about $4500. Of course your wedding size will dictate costs but it was just us and some locals. Visit www.divemontserrat.com. Troy and Melody own the Green Monkey Dive Shop. The best part of this deal was that while we were diving with Troy, Meldoy was doing our wedding coordination. Where else can you get a truly unique experience, dive pristine conditions and have an active pyroclastic volcano all on one island. Definately send them an email and tell them that Shawn and Kristy highly recommends them!

Shawn Larkin
THANKS SHAWN,, I WILL. I APPRECIATE THE INFO!!
TERRY

I have similar dive experience as your wife while my husband has in excess of 1500 dives. Two years ago, we spent a month in the Cook Islands and Fiji on a dive vacation (Tahiti is nearby). The Beqa Lagoon was amazing, however, we found that we got more bang for our buck, diving off of Mexico (ie. Cozumel,Yucatan Peninsula, and the Cenotes), which we'd been to the year before. The Santa Rosa Wall drift dive was my best yet. Having been to both places, I'd say that you have an amazing dive experience in Mexico without spending the $$ that you pay to get to Tahiti or a similar area. We live on the west coast of Canada and paid $2000 p/p for the flight to the Cook Islands..........I'm assuming your cost would be similar - which would eat up a large part of your budget.
I'm not sure however, what the dive conditions are like in Mexico since the hurricane a few years ago.

We just returned from a Honeymoon in Bora Bora Tahiti.
I would recommend it to anyone. It was expensive but worth it.
The Diving was AWeSOME!
We stayed at Club Med which was a great way to go, because it was all inclusive. Great meals everynight and all the drinks you could drink.

Jeff

TerryTat:
My Fiance and I plan on getting married around may or june 2007. I have 110 logged dives... and she has 35.

I'm looking for input on where would be the best place to enjoy our honeymoon both topside and underwater.

My budget is around 5 or 6 Grand.

Any suggestions?

We both would love to go to Tahiti.. but I want to hear from all of you first!!

Thanks,

Terry
Why don't you try the Red Sea?
I believe Sinai will be best for you. Diving in Sharm El Sheikh and Dahab is world class. You can enjoy many other activities as well like desert excursions.

Back
Top Bottom