Best Hoseless Dive Computer?which One?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uwatec Smart Tec....smart, relaible, advanced with decompression and multiple gas blend management.

I'd also always have gone with the uwatec smart tec. However lately I've been looking at either the Aeris Epic or Oceanic Atom 2 (watch size and apparently they are the same). For the computer type then the Oceanic VT3 is also pretty cool.

Best is relative to what you want. Are you wanting to look cool? are you a tech diver? what functions are you looking for?

I'd say the VR3 is the best computer out there. It has no hose. You can read books on it. have fun.

The VR3 is a top of the line computer but is a little techie. I like the epic and the aeris line overall.

Brent

I've never been wild about hoseless stuff after seeing a few fail to sync topside. Another thing to go wrong.

Oceanic VT3 hands down......not only is it easy to use, multiple gas ready, multiple receiver ready, reliable, indefinitely adjustable......but Oceanic stands behind the product 100%

And it looks damn sexy to boot :D

p_computers_vt3_complete2.jpg

...but unfortunately this thread will have as many responses and suggestions as users and models out there, sorta like a Chevy vs Ford debate. Ideally you will have to make the decision based on your criteria as well as requirements

Yeah its very similar to the aeris. I would basically decide if you want one wristwatch size or dive computer size and go from there.

Brent

hunter991:
The VR3 is a top of the line computer but is a little techie. I like the epic and the aeris line overall.

Brent

used to think so myself as well, but now that I have one it is actually quite simple to use above and below water. on the other hand, it will be a computer that will grown with your needs and probably never outgrow

hunter991:
Yeah its very similar to the aeris. I would basically decide if you want one wristwatch size or dive computer size and go from there.

Brent

The Aeris elite T3 and the Oceanic VT3 are identical computers with different logos on them

Tamas:
...but unfortunately this thread will have as many responses and suggestions as users and models out there, sorta like a Chevy vs Ford debate. Ideally you will have to make the decision based on your criteria as well as requirements

Yeah, I'd certainly recommend the Chevy hands down. Better built, a little more horsepower, and the styling is.... Ooops, just realized this isn't the http://www.pickyourfavoritedetroitiron.com forum. Nevermind. Sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom