Best Hoseless Dive Computer?which One?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're killing me CompuDude :D

I won't touch the software comment, but wanted to chime in on memory - for what it's worth, the VT3 stores in excess of 100 dives for download. The 24 dive limit quoted refers only to the log information available on the dive computer.

CompuDude:
I've been really happy with my Smart Tec. The VT3 looks like a viable alternative, but I'd have a tough choice to choose between them if I was buying again. The VT3 is a bit cheaper, but the Oceanic software, well, blows.

I like having all info on one screen, too. No switching screens to see stuff: it's all right there.

Edit: I just looked over the VT3 a bit more, and it's still a very nice unit, but I would again choose the SmartTec if I was buying anew. The reason? "24 Dive On-Unit Log Book" One liveaboard trip and that sucker is full. The SmartTec holds 100 dives in memory.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom