Best place in/near Tampa for AL80s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Badger Matt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Scraped up the cash for our own tanks but need some good gouge on where to buy them in the Tampa area. Our LDS says the best they can do is $179 with no discount for buying four tanks. I'd swear the big place we visited in Key Largo was $139 or something like that. Any suggestions?

Get ahold of Scuba Quest in Brandon. Talk to Shawn he is the manager. He should be able to work you a deal. You might want to try Bill Jackson's on the other side of the bay. When they had their sale they had tanks for cheap.

Scraped up the cash for our own tanks but need some good gouge on where to buy them in the Tampa area. Our LDS says the best they can do is $179 with no discount for buying four tanks. I'd swear the big place we visited in Key Largo was $139 or something like that. Any suggestions?

I think they are $169 at Divers Supply (that's the current price at Divers Direct in Key Largo as well).

I was in Bill Jackson's a few weeks ago. They were $169.

Scuba Quest usually has them for $149.

I don't think either place includes a boot.

Hi KP,
I just bought 2 used 80's from a guy that got out of the charter business in Largo. He had like 50 tanks or so. I'm happy with them.
Regards,
Doug

Matt,

I'm looking to buy one or two as well. Maybe we could get a group order together and try for a group discount somewhere. I'll check with the local dive shops in St Pete/Clearwater and see what I can come up with. Do you have any color preferences?

Used tanks? Let's see..... Hydro test is $25, and a viz inspection is about $15. If the tank is out on both, immediately subtract $40. The anticipated useful live of an AL tank is about 20 years, so subtract $10 per year since date of manufacture. The cost to ship a tank is about $40.

So that 10 year old tank you saw on ebay for $80, just needs inspections? PASS IT BY!

Now, if the neighbor is having a garage sale, and the tank is marked at $10 and you can haggle him down, go for it!

J.R. -- No real color preferences...other than "not pink." I'll try and call around as well today and I'll share what I find out.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom