Question Best Place to Break a U.S. $100 Bill?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got lucky that one of the managers at Mega had 5 twenty dollar bills. I would have taken change in pesos but they said they couldn't do that.
That is lucky because now that manager has to find somewhere to exchange that $100 note. Was it the manager's personal money or from the register? If personal that is some great service!

That is lucky because now that manager has to find somewhere to exchange that $100 note. Was it the manager's personal money or from the register? If personal that is some great service!
I'm pretty sure the banks on Cozumel that service business accounts accept US currency as well as pesos.

I'm pretty sure the banks on Cozumel that service business accounts accept US currency as well as pesos.
Agreed. I figure the manager can at least exchange with the store's cash if he needs to break that $100, and as much USD must pass thru Mega it should not be a problem.

Been paying my diving bills and exchanging for pesos with $100 bills for coming up on two decades, so somebody on the island is taking those $100's eventually! :D

I understand OP's predicament though, I know most other places don't want anything to do with bills over $20, much less give you change back in US Dollars. He got lucky at the supermarket!

Been paying my diving bills and exchanging for pesos with $100 bills for coming up on two decades, so somebody on the island is taking those $100's eventually! :D

I understand OP's predicament though, I know most other places don't want anything to do with bills over $20, much less give you change back in US Dollars. He got lucky at the supermarket!
That's why I suggested paying his dive and/or hotel bills with those US$100 bills or asking them to break the bills if using smaller US$ bills for day to day expenses is his plan. It's not that great a great plan, IMO, but DSFDF.

Back
Top Bottom