best scuba diving book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As mentioned, Shadow Divers is a fantastic book.

Others I've heard recommended are The Last Dive, Deep Descent, and Diver Down. I just ordered those and plan on reading them in the next month or so. Most were $4 shipped on amazon.

I have both "Scuba Regulator Maintenance and Repair" and "Regulator Savvy", which are both excellent books.

For stories about diving, I have "Diver Down", which is a collection of essays and accounts of dive experiences from people over the years. Various writing styles and mostly short pieces that allow you to read at your leisure without getting too drawn in or working too hard for it.

Several of the others already named are on my list but I just haven't gotten to them yet.

The Six Skills by Steve Lewis. And of course mine! SCUBA: A Practical Guide for the New Diver

Available in print ( I have few left and can get more printed up), CD - non audio, and Pdf that I email to you.

And another vote for Tom Mount's Tao of Survival Underwater

You should also seriously consider Dennis Graver's Scuba Diving. IMO and that of many others the best new OW diver text there is.

I very much enjoyed the autobiography 'Diver' by British Navy diver and Fauklands War vet Tony Groom.
Also autobiographical and IMHO very enjoyable read: Submerged by Daniel Lenihan. Very many stories from diving work all over the globe, often funny, very often quite interesting and many Sheck Exley stories.

SDI Solo Diving Manual!!!!!

There's a new book
Amazon.com: Scuba Confidential eBook: Simon Pridmore: Kindle Store

available in Kindle format, which is quite decent. It's addressed to the advanced recreational diver. Well written and easy to read.

+1 for Scuba Confidential. Just finished reading it, and there's a lot of great stuff inside for just about every diver, except for maybe the most experienced dive pros. Oh, that's y'all here on SB, isn't it? Well this is one for the rest of us mere mortals.

I also found The Certified Divers Handbook to be quite good for fairly new divers wishing to get an overview of the diving world & opportunities.

The NAUI Master Scuba Diver course manual is quite good; a useful and readable text for expanding your knowledge to a range of recreational diver class topics to greater depth.

The SDI Solo Divers manual is quite nice for solo diver education, and can provide food for thought for a non-solo person.

Richard.

​Diving the Palos Verdes Peninsula: Phil Garner: 9781469981925: Amazon.com: Books :)

41jEwY4gokL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom