better, scubapro mk2plus or mk16?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The MK2 is a piston first, while the MK16 is a diaphragm first. If you decide on a piston reg, then go with the MK2. If you decide on a diaphragm reg, then for with Apeks. :)

Mike

I did not notice apeks in my post! Seriously, I have several scubapro regs and and setting up something for warm water and beach dives.

Ha Ha. I have a seen a change in subject but never that quickly. Good thing we all don't sell dive gear.

The Mk16 is a much better performing reg. It will out do the Mk2 in any comparison. Also it is a diaphragm reg which makes it a little more resistant to the cold water if this applies to you. Also I am pretty sure that the Mk16 has high flow ports that will be noticably better than the Mk2. The Mk2 is an entry level reg.

hope this is a little more of a response you were looking for...

OK, I thought you were looking to buy either MK2 or MK16. As long as they're functioning properly, either the MK2 or MK16 can certainly handle warm water beach dives.

Have fun,

Mike

rescuediver009:
Ha Ha. I have a seen a change in subject but never that quickly. Good thing we all don't sell dive gear.

The Mk16 is a much better performing reg. It will out do the Mk2 in any comparison. Also it is a diaphragm reg which makes it a little more resistant to the cold water if this applies to you. Also I am pretty sure that the Mk16 has high flow ports that will be noticably better than the Mk2. The Mk2 is an entry level reg.

hope this is a little more of a response you were looking for...

Yes, Thank you. I currently dive an s600/mk25 w/ r390 backup. I recently acquired another mk25 and am using it with the r390. These combined are for my doubles. Now I am left with the decision to either reconfigure what I need for beach and travel or get another inexpensive set ie. m16/r390 or mk2/r190. buying another set would just require me to steal a second stage from my double setup for a backup. As for the earlier apek comment, I was considering just a atx20 but was a bit more money,plus I like to keep my regs matching.
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom