Blackbeard's Trip Report June 3-9, 2006 Page 1 of 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope your experience is as good as mine have been Todd! I will be going back for round 3 in March & I am so excited I can hardly wait! :D

bennedc:
We only sailed once. Unfortunately, if the weather and winds are good for sailing, then the conditions aren’t very good for diving. I got some good pics of the boat with the sails up, but windy + diving = tough time.

Was there any shade outside on the deck?

Tandoorii

Tandoorii:
Was there any shade outside on the deck?

Tandoorii
Yes... 95% of the time they keep the canvas canopy out, which covers much of the space over the captain's seat and provides gracious shade to the majority of the deck area. They took it off one of the days, because the weather was so clear, and we all about cooked! It is amazing how much difference that canopy makes. They quickly put it back on for us.

my wife and i have been twice. it was great both time. we were on the morning star and the captain was grayson miller. drew and rand were along also. they will do anything needed to make your trip work out. it's marathon diving. sleep,eat, dive,eat, dive, dive, dive. its pretty wild to see grayson @90' with nothing but his swimsuit and a tank in his hands. i will be there again in july of 2007. its like camping at sea

iviepat:
its like camping at sea

So do I need a sleeping bag? Where do you light the fire for the smores? I've got to look up the words to Kumbaiya (have to learn to spell it first).

I'm ready, I just need to match the right airfare with dates.

Many thanks...

Great trip report! My first BB trip Summer of 05, 2nd Summer of 06, and I've already booked the 14-21st of July for 07 on the Pirate's Lady. Capt'n Ron and JZ are equally great crew members.

I studied a great deal (and read several web logs) before my first trip & and modified the 'check-list' from the BB web site. I've tweaked it following each trip. Some things are optional, others marked with asterisk (*) are must-haves. Of all of the optional gear, don't forget warm water gloves. A lot of rope handling will take its toll before week's end.

Hope all readers find it helpful. I diligently use it to pack before the trip & put another copy in my duffel to double-check equipment before I come home.

!!!! Couldn't get file to upload (sorry) - PM me & include reply email address - or send note to address below and I will email to anyone interested.

B-n-B

I have consistently over-packed for my cruises....I think I might get it right this time. I am always amazed at how little you really need! It's very basic, but it's the most fun I've ever had!

I'm thinking of going with them...sometime in april maybe, i want to give myself a nice week holiday, this seems to fit the bill (not to expensive, (i am still a poor student!) and lots and lots of diving and chatting to scuba fanatics :p) anyone else going april ish time? not sure of any concrete dates, just browsing really since i'll be by my lonesome self! anyone else out there by their lonesome selves who would like to join me?? anyway, the report was great! really makes me want to go!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom