Blackbeard's Trip Report June 3-9, 2006 Page 1 of 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-n-Buoyant:
Great trip report! My first BB trip Summer of 05, 2nd Summer of 06, and I've already booked the 14-21st of July for 07 on the Pirate's Lady. Capt'n Ron and JZ are equally great crew members.

I studied a great deal (and read several web logs) before my first trip & and modified the 'check-list' from the BB web site. I've tweaked it following each trip. Some things are optional, others marked with asterisk (*) are must-haves. Of all of the optional gear, don't forget warm water gloves. A lot of rope handling will take its toll before week's end.

Hope all readers find it helpful. I diligently use it to pack before the trip & put another copy in my duffel to double-check equipment before I come home.

!!!! Couldn't get file to upload (sorry) - PM me & include reply email address - or send note to address below and I will email to anyone interested.

...was able to get the upload to work. PM or email me if you have things that you always have on YOUR checklist that you think I should add!

B-n-B

Attachments

• Liveaboard Dive Checklist.doc
    72.5 KB · Views: 198
Here's my list. Make sure to get the spring clamps...a must!

Attachments

• BlackBeard Trip.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 169
I've been able to go 3 times over the past 2 years & would recommend it to anybody who really wants to get a week of pure diving! It's a great live aboard & the diving is spectacular!

I know this is an old thread, but I had a question, why do you need a seat cushion? What am I missing? Or do I just have a big a**?

The seats on deck dont have any padding. If you plan on spending time on deck a seat cushion is a real bonus....

The seats on deck dont have any padding. If you plan on spending time on deck a seat cushion is a real bonus....

Ahh that explains it, or you could always just catch a couple octopoids the first dive and sit on them... (just trying to think outside the box here)

Thanks for the info

I've never really thought about it, but the seats are kinda hard...LoL Seat cushion might be a good idea!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom