Blizzard reg question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes.
Any cold water reg can be used in any temp water.
The Blizzard is basically an Oasis with slightly lower intermediate pressure and some teflon coating on a couple of parts.

Absolutely! Ben there done that. In actuality it's just a tweaked Oasis. None of the tweaks are a detriment to warm water use.

Pete

The Blizzard is basically an Oasis with slightly lower intermediate pressure and some teflon coating on a couple of parts.

The IP is the same. The only difference between the two is the blizzard has a couple teflon coated parts in the second stage and no hose protector on the second stage so the fitting transfers heat more efficiently. I Have an oasis and love it, but if I did it again I would just purchase a blizzard.

It's just like (almost) every other Sherwood from the last 30 years.....simple, durable workhorse.

I like to set the IP on Blizzards at about 120-125psi and 135-140 for Oasis.
Depending on the model this is achieved with shims or set screw.

The blizzard just plain works. It is tuned for a little harder breathing to ensure no free flow in cold water. However, it is super easy to adjust the second stage down a little bit for warm water and can be tuned back for a cold water a dive. I also really like the extended exhaust port that comes with the Sherwoods. It really helps get the bubbles away from your face, especially when in a vertical position.

Back
Top Bottom