Good cold water beginner regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are many good choices from all the major and internet brands. Perhaps it would help if you explained why you chose the Sherwood Brut, that would help us understand your priorities. It is not the one I would have chosen given the rest of your post.
I'm leaning towards the Sherwood Brut because of the durability and the relatively low price for an environmentally sealed first stage.

I'm leaning towards the Sherwood Brut because of the durability and the relatively low price for an environmentally sealed first stage.
If those are your primary motivations, unless your local shop is a Sherwood dealer and has a Sherwood tech, I would strongly recommend the Deep6 instead (lower price and easy mail in or DIY service):
Excursion Recreational Regulator Set

The DGX regs would also be a good choice. If you are comfortable with ordering from overseas, you can get better or as good deals as Sherwood for environmentally sealed regs in several of the major name brands as well(SP, Mares, Apeks, etc.).

does someone ever use a fdx 10 first stage along with a delta 4.1 second stage from oceanic for cold water diving ? If did you encounter any problem like free flow ? Don't know if it s the right place to ask but i tought i give it a shot.

does someone ever use a fdx 10 first stage along with a delta 4.1 second stage from oceanic for cold water diving ? If did you encounter any problem like free flow ? Don't know if it s the right place to ask but i tought i give it a shot.

You're on the right place but perhaps start your own thread as it'll likely get more views/responses. If you're not sure how to do that we can help🙏🏻

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom