Blue Angel Resort And Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peeweediver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A quick review of BA from a diver there with a group of 24. We were a mix of newbies and very experienced divers. The dive operation handled this mixture exceedingly well. Hats off to Andreas and Alberto on my boat who dealt with some fairly hard newbie issues with grace and expertise. Dealing with panic and inexperience at depth seemed to be quite easy for Andreas and Alberto was a monster on the boat helping with equipment and struggling divers getting back on the boat. The dive shop as a whole was very easy to deal with meeting needs such as replacement hoses, adjusting equipment, being available for any and all issues. All in all, highly recommended. The resort is a diver resort with a few extra perks. Better food at the restaurant than the other resorts I've been at in Coz. Very friendly and helpful staff. They really were always engaging and went the extra mile to help. Rooms were big enough for equipment, clothes and resting. Advice, 4th floor walk up is not the best option after 5 dives in the day. Choose 2nd or 3rd floor. Fantastic view from the balconies...all of them. I'd definitely stay there again.

Rob

A quick review of BA from a diver there with a group of 24. We were a mix of newbies and very experienced divers. The dive operation handled this mixture exceedingly well. Hats off to Andreas and Alberto on my boat who dealt with some fairly hard newbie issues with grace and expertise. Dealing with panic and inexperience at depth seemed to be quite easy for Andreas and Alberto was a monster on the boat helping with equipment and struggling divers getting back on the boat. The dive shop as a whole was very easy to deal with meeting needs such as replacement hoses, adjusting equipment, being available for any and all issues. All in all, highly recommended. The resort is a diver resort with a few extra perks. Better food at the restaurant than the other resorts I've been at in Coz. Very friendly and helpful staff. They really were always engaging and went the extra mile to help. Rooms were big enough for equipment, clothes and resting. Advice, 4th floor walk up is not the best option after 5 dives in the day. Choose 2nd or 3rd floor. Fantastic view from the balconies...all of them. I'd definitely stay there again.

Rob
Blue Angel is a great place to stay and dive. I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

Come on May!

Can't wait to get back .... 10 days the end of June - love me some BA !

5 Dives? Any of that shore or night diving? Is it practical to eat there 'all-inclusive style,' or do you eat out for supper a lot?

Richard.

I echo all of the positive comments about Blue Angel, especially the staff, dive operation, restaurant. My daughter and I just got back from a fabulous week at BA. Booked to go back in November and March 2017!!

To Richard,
Breakfast is included at BA. At busier times, it's buffet style, but you can order a la carte. The lunch and dinner menus are very good. We tend to mix it up and go into town for lunch or dinner - can't resist the great little restaurants. It's about a 25 min walk from BA.
For diving, they run two-tank morning and afternoon dives. If there is interest, they will run a night boat dive. While the shore diving doesn't compare with the southern reefs, it is fun and there are a lot of critters to see day and night. And if you are diving with the dive shop, there is no charge (or limit) on the tanks for shore diving.

Best,
Bill

On the BA website they reference "5 days of diving" with their 7 day package. How many dives per day are included at their advertised price? I know I can email them and ask, but you guys seem to be "in the know." Thanks.

Last edited:
Richard:

Our fifth dive was a boat night dive. We had a big group so scheduling a boat was no problem. We had a late dinner afterwards. There seemed to always be others wishing to do extra dives, so scheduling shouldn't be a problem. They do schedule a few night dives a week as long as they have sign-ups and my guess is that if you have more than 4 on any night, they'd accommodate. We ate in town two evenings, but did conclude that the BA restaurant was quite good in and of itself. There is a sister restaurant about a 5 minute walk south that gives you 15% off if you're staying at BA. Didn't try it but it looked fine. With a two-tank afternoon dive, lunch always made sense to do at the BA restaurant. The tortilla soup was a meal in itself. Outstanding.

Rob

My only complaint on BA is the need to work out their pricing on tequila upgrades in the margaritas. We did a happy hour there and it took a while to get it straightened out. That and the churro guy didn't stop by...

On the BA website they reference "5 days of diving" with their 7 day package. How many dives per day are included at their advertised price? I know I can email them and ask, but you guys seem to be "in the know." Thanks.
It's five boat dives with each being a two-tank dive (which can't be split). And you get unlimited shore diving.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom