Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope you and your daughter are having a fabulous time at our favorite place....The BA! Mary, Carl, Jim, and I returned a week ago from a trip to Saba. Had we not planned that trip far in advance, we would be there with you guys now! Hope to dive with you again in the near future....we'll be there June 25 - July 4. Join us????

We missed you guys for sure!! Hope you had a great time! I think June is a bit soon for a return for us - somebody needs money to continue college...sheesh, priorities!

We'll all be there again soon I hope!

We missed you guys for sure!! Hope you had a great time! I think June is a bit soon for a return for us - somebody needs money to continue college...sheesh, priorities!

We'll all be there again soon I hope!

27 days and counting.

We are planning a trip to cozumel and have been contemplating 1. All inclusive or non and 2. Should we stay south or north cozumel. Obviously if we didn't do all inclusive we would have to stay north close to downtown so we could eat but then you lose your actual beach. I know blue angel doesn't have a beach and I've read that the road noise is an issue so those are the main reasons of my hesitation. The dive packages on their website are very cheap. Two divers for 7 nights is $1300 for two people including dives. Any advice on blue angel?

We are planning a trip to cozumel and have been contemplating 1. All inclusive or non and 2. Should we stay south or north cozumel. Obviously if we didn't do all inclusive we would have to stay north close to downtown so we could eat but then you lose your actual beach. I know blue angel doesn't have a beach and I've read that the road noise is an issue so those are the main reasons of my hesitation. The dive packages on their website are very cheap. Two divers for 7 nights is $1300 for two people including dives. Any advice on blue angel?

Love the place! We wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else. There's no beach but I don't miss it.

Not to cheerlead, and I have no experience anywhere else in Coz, but we've had great experiences at Blue Angel for 5 trips now.

Road noise is real, but manageable for me personally, YMMV. Ground floor room if available helps the noise a lot, but sacrifices the view. Keep the bathroom door closed and AC on to help the noise, and don't expect much more than clean, simple accommodations with PILES of love from the staff!

Good food and drinks as well on property with a killer happy hour, and a $7 cab ride or 25 min walk to town for an overwhelming selection of food choices. Also, there are food choices along the beach in both directions from the BA if you don't want to go as far as town walking. Mini-fridge in room, and great dive op staffed by really nice people.

Last edited:

Bring some soft silicone earplugs if you are worried about road noise and request the first floor. Service and included breakfast is great. I was diving mostly with Dive with Martin, Aldora, Tres Pelicanos and one dive with Blue Angel. If you don't have or don't want to lug your own gear DWM is a good choice since rental gear is included. DWM was $295 cash total plus tips for 10 tanks and they can pick you up at BA. BA is close if you do the package deal but add taxes of 16%?

As far as the beach goes, you can always head out to a beach club after your dives. I enjoyed a nice sunset at Playa Azul one afternoon.

abase3a4.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well apparently they have 18 rooms with double beds and only 4 rooms with king size beds. This worries me because I'm traveling with my boyfriend and we want one bed. It just seems that blue angel caters to dive groups rather than couples?

---------- Post added April 14th, 2014 at 10:08 PM ----------

Bring some soft silicone earplugs if you are worried about road noise and request the first floor. Service and included breakfast is great. I was diving mostly with Dive with Martin, Aldora, Tres Pelicanos and one dive with Blue Angel. If you don't have or don't want to lug your own gear DWM is a good choice since rental gear is included. DWM was $295 cash total plus tips for 10 tanks and they can pick you up at BA. BA is close if you do the package deal but add taxes of 16%?

As far as the beach goes, you can always head out to a beach club after your dives. I enjoyed a nice sunset at Playa Azul one afternoon.

abase3a4.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

yea yea wow I looked at DWM prices and they are awesome. We don't have BC or regulators so the fact that they include that in the price is good. What hotels are they close to on the north end?

Well apparently they have 18 rooms with double beds and only 4 rooms with king size beds. This worries me because I'm traveling with my boyfriend and we want one bed. It just seems that blue angel caters to dive groups rather than couples?

I forgot to mention that the one friend (out of several) I sent to BA who didn't like it were a couple that thought the double bed was too small to have any fun, and did not get one of the kings. The wife and I do fine in a double, but we're older and a bit more sedate than those frisky youngins!! :)

I forgot to mention that the one friend (out of several) I sent to BA who didn't like it were a couple that thought the double bed was too small to have any fun, and did not get one of the kings. The wife and I do fine in a double, but we're older and a bit more sedate than those frisky youngins!! :)

Again, I request that you, tuna, settle down.

Back
Top Bottom